BBQ Dinner Menu

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
So, Jennifer and I had dinner with her friends, and we get to reciprocate.

I'm thinking:

Starters

Bacon Candy
Marinated Tomatoes and Onions

Mains

Brisket
Mac and Cheese
Grilled Corn on the Cob or Grilled Fennel with a balsamic glaze

For dessert:

Smoked Apple Cobbler or....a melon basket (Watermelon stuffed with watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew).

What do you think?

I'm biased, but I think you should go with something other than brisket, unless of course you know they happen to love it. If they love it, and your skill set is one that will assure juicy, tender brisket, I'd say the menu is pretty nice. Couple things I'd consider adding, is perhaps a nice homemade coleslaw & beans? Would be a lot of food, but variety is nice.

I'm biased, but I think you should go with something other than brisket, unless of course you know they happen to love it. If they love it, and your skill set is one that will assure juicy, tender brisket, I'd say the menu is pretty nice. Couple things I'd consider adding, is perhaps a nice homemade coleslaw & beans? Would be a lot of food, but variety is nice.

My brisket skills are improving, but it's a really an excuse to make some burnt ends, which Jennifer really loves. I have a two-legged garbage disposal for the flat, in case it doesn't come out right.

But, I could make a butt or two as backup.

Jennifer hates cole slaw. Happy wife=happy life.

My beans flat out suck. My late mother made them the old-fashioned way: soak overnight, and simmer in a pot until done. Wish I'd taken notes.

Back