• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Holding prime rib

littleben

Reaction score
Ive got an event at work coming up where we will be cooking 5 prime rib loins on pellet grills. easy to cook, yesterday I cooked one for practice, pulled it at 126 and put straight into a cooler, over the next 2 1/2 hours the temp slowly climbed to a maximum of 149. so that didn't work, how can I cook prime rib and hold for a couple hours with out that happening.. PS after 5 hours in the cooler is was still 138, thanks for the advice

I pull mine at 120. Let rest 15 or so minutes and then into warmer at 140-145. I try to time it where I take it off as close to service as possible..I get about two hours out of it. After that they are medium.

So with that said, I think you could let it cool down after the cook for 15 minutes. Then put in cooler and not have so much carryover cooking.

I went with what worked over the weekend. Had 8 full rib loins to cook and 6 pellet grills. started cooking at 9:30, pulled each one when it hit 115, about (3.5 hours at 325) foil over the pan and into a cooler. temps climbed to 135 to 140. was still 130 at 5 when we started serving. cooked the last two loins after the first 6, couldn't tell the difference. all good.

Back