/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

Well, dang it. Soccer schedule came out and one of my girls has a late afternoon game on Saturday. Scratch me out.

I have a baseball game Friday night me and the family will probably head out to the pavilion Saturday morning. I don't know what I'm gonna put on the stick burner yet, but my wife has committed to making a corn dip and a cherry cobbler as sides and dessert. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

I have a baseball game Friday night me and the family will probably head out to the pavilion Saturday morning. I don't know what I'm gonna put on the stick burner yet, but my wife has committed to making a corn dip and a cherry cobbler as sides and dessert. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

You had me at cherry cobbler.

Still waiting on 1 more shipment plus a few items that I will get from some other members at the Bash, but here is the current haul of donations from our great Brethren vendors!!!!

DCBEE48F-8209-4E0A-8EAB-36789C81EA57.jpg

I think I'm going to skip the camping and just come out first thing in the morning. If I'm still needed for breakfast I'll prep some meat the night before.

Anybody need to borrow a WSM, or should I just bring what I'm going to use?

I think we will probably be OK on breakfast. I'm gonna do a couple naked fatties and some biscuits and that will probably be enough for the early arrivals and campers...

I would just bring what you plan to use. I don't think we will need any extra cookers with folks bringing what they have listed.

...and I'm just gonna throw this out there for you Saturday folks. I certainly wouldn't object to any of you bringing pig shots or ABTs or the like...just sayin' :wink:

This thing still on? :shock:
If not, I got a TON of rubs and goodies to add to my collection :wink:

So far, the weather is looking good but it may be a bit windy...hopefully the 50% chance of rain that is showing on Sunday holds off until the afternoon or evening.

Put me down as a maybe. Isle du Bois Branch is a lot closer than last year's location. I can possibly make it up there Saturday with a SJP.

I don't know about camping -- probably doubtful. But, Texas State Parks do allow tents to share campsites, so if I come, I can bring my small tent, just in case I have too much Cabo Wabo.

I should have a better grasp on my schedule later this week.

CD

BTW, I have camped at Isle du Bois Branch at Lake Ray Roberts many times. It is a nice park.

If this has not been mentioned, public display and consumption of alcohol is against the law in Texas State parks, but Isle du Bois Branch rangers are not going to mess with you, as long as you don't make them. Put your beers in koozies, your cocktails in non-descript cups, and pass the Cabo bottle when they are not around -- and don't be an arsehole -- and the rangers at Isle du Bois will look the other way.

As I said, I've camped there many times, and yes, I and my friends drink there. We have NEVER had any issues with the rangers there. Don't force them to lay down the law, and they won't lay down the law.

CD

...and I'm just gonna throw this out there for you Saturday folks. I certainly wouldn't object to any of you bringing pig shots or ABTs or the like...just sayin' :wink:

I can bring some pig shots.

I don't know about camping -- probably doubtful. But, Texas State Parks do allow tents to share campsites, so if I come, I can bring my small tent, just in case I have too much Cabo Wabo.

CD, we'll have some extra space for you need it.

Hope to see you there Saturday!

Last edited:
Put me down as a maybe. Isle du Bois Branch is a lot closer than last year's location. I can possibly make it up there Saturday with a SJP.

I should have a better grasp on my schedule later this week.

CD
Hope you can make it, CD!

BTW, I have camped at Isle du Bois Branch at Lake Ray Roberts many times. It is a nice park.

If this has not been mentioned, public display and consumption of alcohol is against the law in Texas State parks, but Isle du Bois Branch rangers are not going to mess with you, as long as you don't make them. Put your beers in koozies, your cocktails in non-descript cups, and pass the Cabo bottle when they are not around -- and don't be an arsehole -- and the rangers at Isle du Bois will look the other way.

As I said, I've camped there many times, and yes, I and my friends drink there. We have NEVER had any issues with the rangers there. Don't force them to lay down the law, and they won't lay down the law.

CD
This has been my experience at Texas State Parks as well. Thanks for the PSA, CD...I had been meaning to post this and everytime I thought about it, I wasn't near the computer.

I can bring some pig shots.
Sweet!!!! :wink: :thumb:

Morning news said no precipitation until 4-5pm on Sunday, so weather should be great for us campers!

Saturday shows to be windy, though.

Really beautiful day today. Looking like it's gonna be a great weekend!

Did y'all see all those great donations from our Brethren vendors? Gonna be some really cool prizes given out this weekend.

This is from memory, but let me see if I can name everything we got so far...

2 boxes of Stark Boards (Stark Boards)
2 bags of Stark Bags (Stark Boards)
1 Maverick ET732 (ATBBQ)
2 Maverick Instant Read Thermometers (ATBBQ)
1 Attitude Apron (ATBBQ)
2 $25 Gift Certificates to AllThingsBBQ.com (ATBBQ)
2 Large bottles of each of Cattleman's California Tri-Tip, 8-Seconds Carne Asada, Original Cowboy, and Steakhouse Rubs (ATBBQ)
3 Small bottles of each of Cattleman's California Tri-Tip, 8-Seconds Carne Asada, Original Cowboy, and Steakhouse Rubs (ATBBQ)
12 Bottles of Hefer Dust (Spicewine)
3 Bottles of Popitude (Simply Marvelous)
3 Bottles of Ted & Barney's (Ted & Barney)
1 Brisket Injection (SpicemanJames)
1 Honey BBQ Sauce (SpicemanJames)
1 Hutchin's BBQ T-Shirt (Hutchin's)
1 $25 Hutchin's BBQ gift certificate (Hutchin's)

I could very well have screwed that up a bit, but everyone will get something with a couple lucky folks getting some mega-packs!

Back