• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Breaking In The Weber 26--Mother's Day--Pork Carnitas--Live Cook

Nice price on the pork. Ive liked those Prairie Fresh butts that I've cooked. Making it real hard to resist getting a 26" kettle but the rotisserie on my redhead keeps me faithful.

Nice price on the pork. Ive liked those Prairie Fresh butts that I've cooked. Making it real hard to resist getting a 26" kettle but the rotisserie on my redhead keeps me faithful.

Thanks Suds!

Took me a while to realize I need a 26'er. My first cook and I see a ton of potential. Loving it!

Love anything from Prairie Fresh. As far as roti goes, I'm happy with my JJ :biggrin1: She packs a punch.

Z1X0TRih.png

kW3QrxJh.png

Well it’s about time buddy! Nice to see it lit and doin’ what it was created to do :)

Nice cooker and great job on the Carnitas Sako. I see a lot of Carnitas cooks but rarely see them done the traditional (correct) way, job well done.

Well it’s about time buddy! Nice to see it lit and doin’ what it was created to do :)

Thanks brotha!

Was supposed to be brisket but you know what the deal was. Not complaining at all though.

Nice cooker and great job on the Carnitas Sako. I see a lot of Carnitas cooks but rarely see them done the traditional (correct) way, job well done.

Thanks Bill! My first carnitas cook. We shall see how it pans out.

Fun new toy!

Chips are not cool. Out of round Weber lids are not uncommon. You just put them on their side in an approximate correct position and lean on them.

A tad bit over but it turned out alright!

CF8TZOih.jpg

ZC0c1IAh.jpg

Cheddar in between the tortillas

HWho4Hkh.jpg

Served with white beans

cVwMsOdh.jpg

v7SN64Jh.jpg

Pt2eUHZh.jpg

A tad bit over?!?! Man, I’d like to see your definition of “perfect” ;-)

Fun new toy!

Chips are not cool. Out of round Weber lids are not uncommon. You just put them on their side in an approximate correct position and lean on them.

Gotta warranty it before I crush the enamel. :becky:

A tad bit over?!?! Man, I’d like to see your definition of “perfect” ;-)

Thanks Robb! I'm a pain in the arse a little. :becky: But seriously a little less heat woulda helped I suppose. Not a bad problem to have though. :becky:

Thanks Josh! A tad bid of less heat would've helped. Learning the new pit aka kettle.

It happens, apparently even to the best. I kind of like mine on the done side. That rendered fat is where it is at. They can get a little to crispy though.

I have assigned frying duties, to my portable induction burner. Temp control is insane.

I’m in no way tKing up for anyone’s QC failures but I will say a 26 is a pretty handy tool. One you forgive and forget a little, you’ll really enjoy it. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Another fantastic cook in the books Sako, good luck with the warranty.

Nice!
I'm surprised on both of your kettles, you use the SNS directly under the top exhaust vent.
Is that only for indirect grilling, or do you run them the same when smoking?

Back 25+ yrs ago I had many problems with Weber kettles. No internet back then. No store help.
Since then I only buy the 14" smokey's to build mini wsm's for friends and family.

Those are some serious Taco's Neighbor!

Love how much more room there is in the 26" I would love to have one but am downsizing to move - sold two grill's already

Agree about the drip pan not being the right size for the 26. I found the same when I ordered the combo for mine too - it should fit right.

Back