Breaking In The Weber 26--Mother's Day--Pork Carnitas--Live Cook

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I ordered it a month or so ago

cXHcmYch.jpg

Put it together today and not without some issues. Kinda...well really Pi$$ed at Weber quality but that's anther thread

Next to Redhead for comparison. I really do love my Redhead BTW. The problems I had with the 26 can't even compare but let's move forward

kvJo7eQh.jpg

Full SnS set up and pissed at SnS also for not making a 26 sized drip pan

WFXuxjhh.jpg

Guess my fault for not reading the "fineprint". Could've just used the old drip pan but anyway

pByYmyVh.jpg

Fully loaded kettles I suppose minus the pan issue

8BeUuAYh.jpg

Love the almost 90* lid tilt on the 26 :clap2:

bO9fw3Lh.jpg

Comparison pics

uOb1ebrh.jpg

Pork butt and kettle????? Which TD to enter? :noidea:

pf1rPTNh.jpg

Cut the best port of the butt out

g9H5BVnh.jpg

dEjK988h.jpg

:becky::becky:

gFdjLM0h.jpg

Dang this thing is BIG!! :clap2::clap2: Fits my 6 QT Lodge enameled DO

cZXZFgMh.jpg

As much as I'm pissed at Weber they do make a great product. Must be my turn to come across some lemons on the kettle part. Again another thread

gRrFdcLh.jpg

Time to brown up the pork butt in lard

yqZn2Gdh.jpg

So far so good and stay tuned! :evil:

7dkYBrqh.jpg

Looking good Neighbor! Congratulations on the new cooker too!

Lemme guess. The vent/ash catcher was installed wrong. Facing out the back rather than the side. What ever it’s still the King of all kettles!

Lemme guess. The vent/ash catcher was installed wrong. Facing out the back rather than the side. What ever it’s still the King of all kettles!

You sure guessed wrong my friend. This isn't my first kettle. Try two defective chipped bowls and an out of round lid.

Can't believe you are just setting that up. Don't feel too bad, I have a 44" smoke hollow propane smoker, I bought back in November, still in the box. Apparently I really needed it.:-D. Looks like you are making the best out of a bad situation. That drip pan would have ticked me off too. They market the SNS for the 26", that should include all pieces. From my understanding the blocking of the bottom grate, is important for the SNS to work properly.

Looking forward to seeing what's next. I'm guessing tacos?

Tuned in to see what the ends up on the plate...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Can't believe you are just setting that up. Don't feel too bad, I have a 44" smoke hollow propane smoker, I bought back in November, still in the box. Apparently I really needed it.:-D. Looks like you are making the best out of a bad situation. That drip pan would have ticked me off too. They market the SNS for the 26", that should include all pieces. From my understanding the blocking of the bottom grate, is important for the SNS to work properly.

Looking forward to seeing what's next. I'm guessing tacos?

Boo Yaa brother! I'm telling we eerily think the same. :biggrin1:

Well, I had a situation that delayed things but all is good now. :thumb: Thank the Lord!

I was lucky no chips on mine. My friends lid was chipped on the rim of the lid pretty bad. Now I have a lid for an 85 gallon use one day! Cool looks great so far. It will be spectacular as usual I'm sure!

Boo Yaa brother! I'm telling we eerily think the same. :biggrin1:

Well, I had a situation that delayed things but all is good now. :thumb: Thank the Lord!

Must be all the nitrates we eat.:laugh:

Happy to hear things are looking up. It's never good, when you don't get time, to blow some smoke.

Congrats and sorry to hear about the defects. It almost sounds like it was mishandled in shipping but I think they are packaged pretty well. Surprised it would get out of Weber QC with defects. Anyhow, I think you will enjoy it. I love my 26'er. It's the Alpha Male of all my cookers.

I was lucky no chips on mine. My friends lid was chipped on the rim of the lid pretty bad. Now I have a lid for an 85 gallon use one day! Cool looks great so far. It will be spectacular as usual I'm sure!

Thanks Dennis! Not bitching but I've never had this many issues with a Weber product.

On that note, progress pics. :becky:I kinda let temps get away from me but I should be able to manage things. We'll see.

ksVFLdYh.jpg

Last edited:
Must be all the nitrates we eat.:laugh:

Happy to hear things are looking up. It's never good, when you don't get time, to blow some smoke.

Has to be bro. :becky:

Congrats and sorry to hear about the defects. It almost sounds like it was mishandled in shipping but I think they are packaged pretty well. Surprised it would get out of Weber QC with defects. Anyhow, I think you will enjoy it. I love my 26'er. It's the Alpha Male of all my cookers.

Thanks William!

I mean with the mass production of stamp steel I sort of get but my package had too many flaws. Weber takes care of things but I don't want to go through more than one or maybe two flaws. :laugh:

Back