Pork Steaks.....smoke em or not??

B

BIGBrandon2785

Ive heard folks say that they cook pork steaks like a "steak" over higher heat.Im wondering,will it dry the steak out if I smoke them for a few hours and finish it by searing them over high heat??

If your talking about pork chops.
Take a look at a guy named moose.

Check out his threads and you will know how to cook pork!!!

He's the master!!

My favorite way to cook pork steaks is to sear em over direct heat. Then, transfer them to a pan of sauce. Leave the pan and steaks on the grill until the steaks get as tender as you want em.
I'm sure if you got nice thick cut pork steaks you could smoke em first. But, I'd still finish em in a pan of sauce

If I have them cut thick....I use a reverse sear to get them tender. I like the idea of finishing them in the pan of sauce...will give it a try.

Salt and pepper. Then I sear them for a short time before they go indirect with a chunk of oak on the coals. Pull at 170 internal.

Smoke them for a few hours till you can cut with a plastic fork. Thats how I perfer some pork steaks.

I do mine over low/medium, then finish them off with a high temp-reverse sear. Simple salt/pepper seasoning, let the charcoal do the flavoring for you.

My favorite way to cook pork steaks is to sear em over direct heat. Then, transfer them to a pan of sauce. Leave the pan and steaks on the grill until the steaks get as tender as you want em.
I'm sure if you got nice thick cut pork steaks you could smoke em first. But, I'd still finish em in a pan of sauce
Thats how I ended up doin them.Sear em then simmered em in a pan of sauce.

Coat with a paste of dijon rosemary and garlic, then grill like said above.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Back