BBQ Brethren "Mama Mia...Now That's Italian" Throwdown!

Smoked spaghetti and meatballs

Please use the close-up photo as my team entry in this TD.

I was finishing up the pulled pork on Saturday afternoon and my wife asked if the pit was still hot...since it wasn't even close to cooling down, she provided homemade meatballs which I then smoked for two hours. I finished them on the grate in the firebox. Today, my wife turned those smoked meatballs into the appended presentation with some whole wheat spaghetti, marinara sauce with mushrooms, and some mesquite smoked pulled pork with a garnish of sage. Complimented nicely by a 2008 Tiziano Chianti and roasted cauliflower. :clap2:

Attachments

• IMG_2187.jpg
    IMG_2187.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2191.jpg
    IMG_2191.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 115
Nice............looks absolutely great. I bet it went very well with that excellant choice of Chianti............:clap2:

Nice looking Spaghetti,I would put a hole in that.
Cheers.
Titch

Great opening shot BB96! :clap:

I'd jump in face first...

Please use this picture as my entry to Italian.

Lamb Cutlets With Pancetta and Mozzarella.
This is to be my Throwdown Entry for Italian.
Dinner consisted of.
Lamb Cutlets With Pancetta and Mozzarella with a side salad from the Garden.
Pagnotta-hard crusted bread by my wife ,Vonnie.
Tirami Su for desert by Vonnie.

090Medium_zps59cc49f7.jpg

Full post here.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2344663#post2344663

Thanks folks.
cheers.
Titch

Two great entries so far from BB96 and Titch... Can't wait to see what other people have up their sleeves. Or in their sweaters... :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see what other people have up their sleeves. Or in their sweaters... :mrgreen:

So in looking at this TD, I must rethink my strategy..:eyebrows: Seeing I lost the eat my pussy TD by a few points and am getting killed in the show me your Schlong TD, even though I gave up several sets up lower ribs............:doh: I will not retreat...........:becky::becky: Therefore I have made a decision...:decision: My entry will be hastened, and or later than usual until late Sunday, for several reasons. One the best come in last and two, seeing this has to do with the having a SET of, and or the acquisition of, a PAIR of sweater kittens, their is a new course of battle. Earlier this week I booked a flight to Sweden to meet with the famed, Doctor Vinney Boom Bah. He has assured me that I can, in fact, be equipped with a bodacious pair of momentous sweater kittens...........:biggrin1: So upon my arrival, back to the land of BBQ crazies.......:crazy: My dish of voluptuous Italian Mounds.............:icon_smile_tongue: will be prepared. So there you have it. See what has become of me in just 3 short weeks........:twitch:

How about a little Sun-Dried Tomato and Balsamic Vinegar BBQ Sauce?

Mooney-2.jpg

BBQ sauce made with Bella Sun Lucia Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Author: BBQ Grail
Serves: 6

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and rough chopped
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons Yuzu
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

Instructions

1. In a small saucepan bring the tomatoes, apples, brown sugar, ketchup and water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
  2. Add tomato apple mixture and remaining ingredients to a food processor and puree until smooth.
  3. Store in refrigerator, in air tight container, for 4 hours before using.
  4. Brush on chicken or pork in the last fifteen minutes of grilling

Well, That being the case, I guess they will be good with Italian food. I noticed your reference. Y'all have an Avocado Society there? Don't get me wrong. I am learning here. :clap2:

Not sure where that Avocado Society is based Toast... I dug it up from a Google search for "avocado trees in Italy". :confused: I did notice the article is dated 1950 so I wonder if they are still around. Maybe some of the Cali Brethren can weigh in on the question. Hey Pauli... What does Milton have to say about all this? :loco:

How about a little Sun-Dried Tomato and Balsamic Vinegar BBQ Sauce?

Mooney-2.jpg

BBQ sauce made with Bella Sun Lucia Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Author: BBQ Grail
Serves: 6

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and rough chopped
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons Yuzu
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

Instructions

1. In a small saucepan bring the tomatoes, apples, brown sugar, ketchup and water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
  2. Add tomato apple mixture and remaining ingredients to a food processor and puree until smooth.
  3. Store in refrigerator, in air tight container, for 4 hours before using.
  4. Brush on chicken or pork in the last fifteen minutes of grilling

Sounds tasty Larry... How would it go with MOINK balls?

Back