Nigerian BBQ Scam

B

Burk504

I have my BBQ team listed in Google Places as a catering business, but I never have actually done any for-profit catering. Twice in the last two weeks I have received phone calls from someone wanting to to buy 400 chicken sandwiches, 300 corn muffins, Hot Dogs etc. No questions asked and they offered right up front to wire me the payment in advance.

I know enough about these scams to know that this is not legit, but wanted to make you all aware of it so you don't ever fall for this.

Even sadder, the call is coming in through the AT&T Relay which our tax $ pay for and is meant for the use of the deaf and hearing impaired. The phone rings and a very nice, American female from AT&T does the talking. She types what I say to them and reads to me what the Nigerian guy on the other end types.

Each time, I tried to explain to the operator that this was a scam and they should investigate this and she said that they just read the calls and don't get involved in anything else.

Anyway...Beware and pass this on. I can't be the only one they are trying this with.

Back