Keeping food warm in the Windy City

mrwicks

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
cooked at a football game this weekend....pay was nice....sales were decent ....problem is that chaffing racks wouldn't keep the food warm...temp was probably in the low 40's ....obviously can stay on the grill but that leads to dryness.....

would a cambro keep the grub warm in those type of conditions or what else can i use ?

cooked at a football game this weekend....pay was nice....sales were decent ....problem is that chaffing racks wouldn't keep the food warm...temp was probably in the low 40's ....obviously can stay on the grill but that leads to dryness.....

would a cambro keep the grub warm in those type of conditions or what else can i use ?

Yes, a pre-heated cambro or carlisle type hot box will get the job done.

wrap foil around your chaffing dishes, will keep the wind out

cambro or carlisle..
also ditch the the chafers that require sterno if using outside.those little sternos are useless in the wind..ive since gone to electric food warmers in place of chafers..you also have more control over temp..
not so sure how it would work in a 40 degree parking lot..i try to stay away from those :)

What did you cook?
If we know, then we may be able to give food-specific advice...??
Did your team win?:mrgreen:

What did you cook?
If we know, then we may be able to give food-specific advice...??
Did your team win?:mrgreen:

usual sporting event fare....hot dogs, burgers, brats and chicken breast...... i was just there to cook...but things did not go so well for the home team.....they were shut out

If you have the money, the folks at Bbq Guru make a really nice 3 bay chafer that is wind proof and works with sterno or charcoal,, I bought a single windproof chafer from an online site, works really nice,, looks really nice too,, gonna order a couple more.

If you have the money, the folks at Bbq Guru make a really nice 3 bay chafer that is wind proof and works with sterno or charcoal,, I bought a single windproof chafer from an online site, works really nice,, looks really nice too,, gonna order a couple more.

I will second that I have one also. I am a dealer bud let me know when you want one i will take care of you.

Back