Sako made me hungry

Joshw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Didn't have the ingredients for Al Pastor, but I had enough, to make something, that would fill the desire.
Had a couple of lemon garlic tenderloins in the freezer.

Trimmed them up
nitShU4.jpg

made a marinade
i3DXFr1.jpg

Vacuum sealed them up, and put in the sous vide at 135 for 3 hours.
xLl7oKz.jpg

Made some jalapeno poppers for a side.
zU4xT2J.jpg

5QEwVWp.jpg

Sometimes when you go fridge diving, you come up a little short. Needed 2 more slices of bacon. Oh Well.
JA3NqjB.jpg

Fired up the vortex, and put the poppers on.
KWyNKmC.jpg

When the poppers were done, seared off the pork loins.
xMVLZSp.jpg

P1ho4EV.jpg

made a roasted poblano and avocado crema.
j4dn3vq.jpg

iKxQyLU.jpg

Finished Plate
wFplrCO.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nicely done

As a side-point, "Sako Made Me Hungry" should be the name of an entire sub-forum, along with Q-Talk and the Woodpile

:laugh: That's no joke! Maybe you should submit that to the mods.

Now you're making me hungry!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If I put up a thread every time Sako made me hungry I wouldn't have time for anything else!

Anyway - to the subject at hand - well....that made me hungry! :hungry:

Nicely done! :clap2:

Besides being amazed at how wonderful your pics and presentaion and the whole awesomeness of the thread,
how do you get a can of chili sauce for 38 cents?

That shows you are WINNING! Wonderful meal!

Besides being amazed at how wonderful your pics and presentaion and the whole awesomeness of the thread,
how do you get a can of chili sauce for 38 cents?

That shows you are WINNING! Wonderful meal!

LOL, you got better eyes than me. I can do you one better. I got a whole cabinet of chipotle sauce and chipotles in adobo for that price. Store had them on clearance one day, and I bought them out. Should be years before I have to restock.

Just killer! I'd have traded you some al pastor leftovers but they're now fajitas. :becky: Only turned into fajitas because I made so much to give the rotisserie some heft.

:thumb: Nicely done brother. :thumb:

Just killer! I'd have traded you some al pastor leftovers but they're now fajitas. :becky: Only turned into fajitas because I made so much to give the rotisserie some heft.

:thumb: Nicely done brother. :thumb:

Thanks, I had good inspiration. I'm sure the fajitas were good too. Every time I cook, I tell myself, i need to start cooking smaller portions, but it just seems weird to have a half empty grill, and it's nice to have reserves in the fridge, for days when things get hectic.

Thanks, I had good inspiration. I'm sure the fajitas were good too. Every time I cook, I tell myself, i need to start cooking smaller portions, but it just seems weird to have a half empty grill, and it's nice to have reserves in the fridge, for days when things get hectic.

Exactly! :laugh: Imagine the rotisserie half or quarter filled. :twitch:

:thumb:

Exactly! :laugh: Imagine the rotisserie half or quarter filled. :twitch:

:thumb:

Yeah, I think it would be tough to spin a couple slices, of thinly cut pork. I guess, you could just lay them on the grate, but where is the fun in that.:laugh:

Back