• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hot sauce chicken experiment for dinner

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Seen where people were using hot sauce as a binder for pork but not chicken so I was curious. Jaccarded and marinading in the sauce now. The plan is add a sweeter rub and put in the rotisserie basket over the fire.

I'm sure someone has marinaded in hot sauce... How was it? My chicken hot wings have the sauce go on at the end so before is something new.

My neighbor does this for his wings. While I like they way they turn out I think that some flavor elements are missing. Garlic powder, onion powder and a little cayenne along with some hot sauce, always wakes up my chicken.

That should probably work good. Some fried chicken places use hot sauce to hold the breading on the chicken.

im going to have to confiscate that cussid jaccard!
Cussed ?? Sure you don't mean Awesome or Fantastic?

I've never done straight hot sauce I do HS & buttermilk on chicken
That sounds good

My neighbor does this for his wings. While I like they way they turn out I think that some flavor elements are missing. Garlic powder, onion powder and a little cayenne along with some hot sauce, always wakes up my chicken.
I'd definitely add those things for hot wings but this I want the hot sauce to be a back ground taste...If that makes sense. Planning on using the killer bee rub on as a rub

It should be awesome! I soak my chicken in hot sauce, eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, and s&p overnight, then dredge it in self rising flour. Fried chicken greatness.

For the chicken I did for the American royal a couple years ago I did a simple brine for a couple hours. Then buttermilk hot sauce mix for about 8 hours. Rinsed off, and dried the skin out overnight. Olive oil and rub the next morning. Got 66/539 or something like that. Alot of steps, but it's some Damn juicy chicken.

For the chicken I did for the American royal a couple years ago I did a simple brine for a couple hours. Then buttermilk hot sauce mix for about 8 hours. Rinsed off, and dried the skin out overnight. Olive oil and rub the next morning. Got 66/539 or something like that. Alot of steps, but it's some Damn juicy chicken.
I'm gonna have to try the buttermilk hot sauce thing for doing fried chicken...that sounds out of this world.

It should be awesome! I soak my chicken in hot sauce, eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, and s&p overnight, then dredge it in self rising flour. Fried chicken greatness.
You've inspired me for future version of fried chicken. Tonight just might be some flavored panko.

Buttermilk+hot sauce is pretty common/popular for fried chicken. Surprised you haven't heard of it before.

Buttermilk+hot sauce is pretty common/popular for fried chicken. Surprised you haven't heard of it before.
buttermilk yes, hot sauce no. I've never made real fried chicken, only smoker fried chicken.

I'd like to try regular oil fried sometime i suppose but no oil is hard to screw up.

Oil fried is really pretty easy.

Soak in buttermilk, hot sauce and seasonings, I like Old Bay, drain the chicken and reserve the marinade. Then setup a breading station, flour -> marinade -> 50/50 mixture of flour/corn meal.

Fry in a cast iron skillet with about 1 1/2" of crisco or lard in it over med-high heat for 6-8 minutes per side. It is awesome!

I've marinated chicken quite a few times in straight Frank's and have had good results. :thumb:
Great to hear, it's on now

Oil fried is really pretty easy.

Soak in buttermilk, hot sauce and seasonings, I like Old Bay, drain the chicken and reserve the marinade. Then setup a breading station, flour -> marinade -> 50/50 mixture of flour/corn meal.

Fry in a cast iron skillet with about 1 1/2" of crisco or lard in it over med-high heat for 6-8 minutes per side. It is awesome!
I'll have to attempt it, just out of my comfort zone

Back