FATTY Appreciation thread, please post your creations here.

Fatet Mignon

IMG_0988-1.jpg

and Corn-on-the-cob Fattie

IMG_1002.jpg

Both from Episode VIII

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94023

Mushroom fattie from Fungus Throwdown:

I absolutely love mushrooms and sausage, cooked in wine, stuffed, or however. Then it came to me in a dream (or maybe it was my wife's idea...) to stuff mushrooms inside a sausage, inside a mushroom. Unfortunately, portobellos did not magically appear in the kitchen and I had to start from scratch. I began as I usually do, by weaving some bacon. I put this into a mold:

IMG_7172.jpg

and filled it with sausage

IMG_7173.jpg

then tucked in the edges and gave it some seasoning

IMG_7174.jpg

I then sauteed some mushrooms and made a fattie with diced mushrooms and cheese

IMG_7179.jpg

Smoked this for a couple hours (seasoning the cap with paprika and brown sugar). Then I recruited a model (use this shot, Chris):

IMG_7213.jpg

Standard fork shot of the sliced fattie

IMG_7220.jpg

Here's my favorite so far.

Teriyaki ground beef fattie with pineapple, onion and swiss.

DSC00463.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

Followed closely by my second favorite, a breakfast fattie, though I don't have pictures of that one. It was pancakes, blueberries and scrambled eggs.

I think you intended to post this in the "Meatloaf Appreciation thread" :wink:

Haha... yeah people busted my chops about that before, but in my book a fattie is made of "sausage" and sausage is defined as ground meat and spices, it doesn't anywhere say it has to be "pork sausage". :becky:

Shoot I even made one with turkey sausage, stuffed with (whatelse!) stuffing, for thanksgiving. That one was wrapped in bacon though. :thumb:

Last edited:
Me too! To this day, I think that is the most perfect fattie I have ever seen.

... and I am so glad I didn't vote for it, otherwise it probably would've been forgotten long ago. :becky:

I have checked the official total and it was Gore the crushed me in that Throwdown, which I still contend, he must have benefited somehow, from folks mistakenly voting for his dish, as he beat me by 37 votes, which seems lopsided even now.

Back