Peameal and Canadian Bacon

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
This recipe was given to me by a talented Canadian smoking friend named Zeeker. I figure he knows Canadian bacon so I gave it a try. It was tasty!!

I brined two loin backs in sweet pickle brine for 7 days...

003-11-1.jpg

013-8-1.jpg

rolled both in corn meal...

014-10-1.jpg

016-9-1.jpg

The peameal bacon...ready to fry...

020-8-2.jpg

The smoked Canadian Bacon...sprinkled with Harley's dry rub

042-6-1.jpg

I used two different sauces on the smoked canadian bacon... A regular q sauce and a wonderful carolina mustard sauce given to me by Mr Ashmont. :)

010-11-2-2.jpg

I shredded some of the smoked Canadian bacon with my slicer...

003-13-1.jpg

The wonderful Carolina sauce from Ashmont....Thank you Ashmont, I love it!!

060-1-1.jpg

a sammich...

006-9-1.jpg

018-4-1.jpg

Zeeker said that peameal bacon is not smoked, it is cooked right after the cure.
The fried peameal bacon....

034-7-1.jpg

038-9-1.jpg

it was so tender and juicy....

054-5-2.jpg

Thanks to Zeeker for the recipe and Thank you to Ashmont for the wonderful Carolina sauce... I love it Ash. :cool::-D

Thanks for lookin'!

WOW SWSW, that is some sweet looking canadian bacon..... wow that looks so good.
Nicely done :!: ohhhhh so nicely done:eusa_clap

That looks good....the egg is done perfect....Good Job........as usual.

Nice sammie! I've got a pork belly in the freezer and getting to give making bacon an honest try!

Thank you Phu, John, HWSW, George and Mark! :-D
chopshop...peameal peameal peameal peameal. :lol:
Aqua, Thank you! :-D
Michael and BlkJeep! Hope you give bacon a try, Home made is so tasty. I usually cold smoke my canadian bacon but this hot smoked was good too.
Thank you!

All looks awesome as usual. I saw that you had posted so I ran and got something to eat so I wouldn't be hungry. It didn't work.... :confused: So how do you really feel about the Super Smokers Carolina sauce?

All looks awesome as usual. I saw that you had posted so I ran and got something to eat so I wouldn't be hungry. It didn't work.... :confused: So how do you really feel about the Super Smokers Carolina sauce?

:lol: I love the sauce Ash!! Thank you again! If you lived closer, I'd whip up a sandwich or breakfast for ya. :-D

interesting post, jeanie. So which did you prefer? the smoked or the fresh?

Back