MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 12-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #151
SirPorkaLot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Those tenderloin bites look excellent. For the Cheese throwdown, I would have like a higher cheese to meat ratio, but I wouldn't have any issue with eating them.

CD
Ratio?
I missed the farking special rule that stipulated a farking ratio?

You may plead your case at voting time Sir.

EDIT: On 2nd thoughts.....perhaps I should have made a cheese plate for a BBQ forum

Last edited by SirPorkaLot; 12-18-2011 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: cause
SirPorkaLot is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 12-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #152
caseydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPorkaLot View Post
Ratio?
I missed the farking special rule that stipulated a farking ration?

Oh yea that's right, I didn't give a crap about no stinking ratios...

You may plead your case at voting time Sir.
Don't get yer panties in a wad. It was just a comment -- you are up against a quesadilla that is overflowing with cheese, not to mention some very cheesy grilled cheese sandwiches.

I just would have liked to see more cheese. Sorry.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #153
SirPorkaLot

Better?

Last edited by SirPorkaLot; 12-18-2011 at 07:03 PM..
SirPorkaLot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #154
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Better?

I think maybe you may have overdone it a little on the cheese. Good thing its a cheese throwdown.
[COLOR=navy][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]2 Large Big [COLOR=darkgreen]Green[/COLOR] Eggs, 1 restored Weber Performer in [COLOR=darkgreen]Green,[/COLOR] 1 S-330, 1 S-420 and [COLOR=indigo]1 AZ BBQ Outfitters Custom Tombstone Style Santa Maria Grill and Smoker. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=teal]Proud Member of the [/COLOR][URL="http://bit.ly/qIcK24"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=teal]Zero's Club[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][COLOR=navy][B]CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns[/B][/COLOR][/URL] :croc:[/U]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #155
caseydog

Quote:
Better?

Yeah, but now the picture is overexposed and a little out of focus.

CD
Old 12-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #156
SirPorkaLot

Quote:
Yeah, but now the picture is overexposed and a little out of focus.

CD
Be my guest.
I can use all the help I can get.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #157
caseydog

Quote:
Be my guest.
I can use all the help I can get.
It's not easy to work with overexposed images, because the data isn't there, but this looks a little better.

I really would hit those stuffed tenderloin bites.

CD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12.17.11-bbq 071.JPG (117.2 KB, 51 views)
Old 12-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #158
SirPorkaLot

Quote:
It's not easy to work with overexposed images, because the data isn't there, but this looks a little better.

I really would hit those stuffed tenderloin bites.

CD
you should go out and get the red filter adjusted by a filter calibrator
Old 12-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #159
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Cheesy Stuffed Italian Meatloaf

Here is my submission for the Cheese Throwdown. I struggled to come up with what I wanted to cook this week for the throwdown and finally came up with this. I hadn't done a meatloaf in a while and this was a good opportunity to cook up something delicious that I could have as leftovers for the week.

Here are the basic ingredients.

I started with a pound of ground beef and a pound of Italian venison sausage. With that I mixed in 2 eggs, some bread crumbs, milk, some oregano and a good helping of both my standard rub and some HDD. All mixed together in a bowl.

Next I lined the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with the meat.

Then I started building layers of meat and cheese. First came the prosciutto (in hind sight this was a waste as it got lost in the overall meal), followed by layers of mozzarella, pepperoni, provolone, and cheddar.

Then I used the remaining meat to form the lid. I almost didn't have enough so it didn't seal up as well as I hoped but it still worked.

Then a little dusting of oregano and red pepper flakes and onto the UDS.

I cooked it precisely between 200* and 325* for some length of time around 2-3 hours. When the IT reached 130* I added some cheese to the top.

Once done, off it came.

Sliced and oozing with yumminess.

I took a couple slices and did my best to give myself a heart attack.

Overall it was pretty good. As mentioned, the prosciutto was unnecessary as it was lost in the other flavors. Also, if I did this again I would wait to add the cheese to the top. It wasn't bad but that cheese was on there for a while and absorbed quite a bit of smoke. For anyone that has smoked cheese, you know how strong the smoke flavor is in cheese that is right off the cooker. That is why most people let the cheese mellow for a few days. It wasn't too overpowering but I definitely knew when I took a bite that had cheese from on top. The only other thing I would change would be to use the loaf pan to build and form the loaf but then I would chill the meat cake and remove it from the pan for cooking. As you can see from the photos, only the top was really exposed to the smoke and I would like to get more into the meat.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #160
SirPorkaLot

Looks amazing
Old 12-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #161
bigabyte

OK, I'll say it. That's just cheesy.

Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #162
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

I'd hit that...
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #163
bluetang

Name/Nickname : Mike

A thing of beauty
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM,Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest [COLOR=purple]Purple[/COLOR] Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #164
SirPorkaLot

Old 12-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #165
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

I had a horrible time trying to decide what to make and when I finally decided, I still had to search for ingredients. I started with the cheese drawer in the kitchen refrigerator. I emptied that out, but couldn't seem to find what I wanted.

So then I went into the basement and checked the refrigerator down there.

Still no luck. I could not find any cheddar! Well, I continued cooking salmon while my wife went shopping. I cold-smoked ...

and warm-smoked ...,

but that was just a distraction, because this is a *cheese* throwdown and even I can tell the difference between cheese and salmon because they each have less than 3 syllables. I'd also made some country-style pulled pork, but it was the weirdest thing because it wasn't shoulder, but actually cut up loin marked country-style ribs. Go figure.

Anyway, my wife came home, and she bought some more cheese! But not cheddar. But, she said we had some in the fridge. I found yet another quarter round of bleu on a shelf and I think the cheddar was in the basement, but that didn't matter because there was a baggie full of grated sharp cheddar that I somehow missed. So, while the kids (we have some relatives staying with us) made a beautiful ginger bread house,

My wonderful wife made me some pizza dough! Yes, pizza dough. I am using the pizza crutch, but not just the pizza crutch.

We had some sauce and mozzarella cheese and dressed it all up like a beautiful pizza:

Meanwhile, I prepared the toppings. Of course I used some of that pulled pork, because I like pulled pork.

I actually like my pulled pork chunky and that's the way I made it. I got the toppings all set and cooked it in the Oval for about 10 minutes. Now I did not take any pictures, but it was cooked at 450*. Then I had my assistant pour me a Scottish ale because they go really well with pizza and we all finished dressing it up:

Yes, as you can see, I am using both the pizza and nacho crutch! Even though we just ate dinner an hour before, it was so good, we had a just-after-dinner snack.

This was something I wanted to try and it was really good. I know you're probably dying for a taste yourself, but you're going to have to make your own ... because this is nacho pizza.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Foil Girl fumunda cheese, gore cut the cheese, Jumped the Stinking Bishop, Oldyote loves the Baby Cheeses, Please don't use focus