B&B Charcoal

Just BS

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I modded my UDS with an exhaust pipe that ended up leaking after the last rain storm and when I went to use it on Super Bowl Sunday there was 2" of water inside and my charcoal was ruined.

So I ran down to the store to grab some more and stumbled across B&B 100% lump oak charcoal. I've never heard of it, but got 3 racks of St Louis on them right now....I'll let you know how it goes and my thoughts.

Love B&B. Both lump and natural briquettes.

It's good stuff brotha, you should like it ribs too:thumbup: the 20# bags have nice big chunks in them.

Sent from my SGH-T999

You'll love it. Has a good bit of the larger chunks and very little chips and dust.

That's my go-to lump. It started showing up at Pavilions a few months back. Where are you getting yours?

I really like that stuff - it'll spark, but I'm more concerned with how it cooks, which is great.

It's good stuff brotha, you should like it ribs too:thumbup: the 20# bags have nice big chunks in them.

Sent from my SGH-T999

+1. The 20lb bags do have big chunks and its pretty good for a reasonable price. Try and get the bags which are on a pallet - less handling means more intact bigger pieces. Lump is like glass - needs a bit of careful handling.

Sounding good.

I wasn't pleased at all with the bag of Royal Oak (red bag) that I bought at Walmart in an "emergency" situation the other day. I noticed that they had the B&B stuff, too.

I'll give it shot.

B&B is what I would use if I could get it. (Only managed to get my hands on one bad years ago. Loved it.)

B&B is my go to lump also. I couldn't find Royal Oak (USA) a couple of years ago, and bought a bag of B&B at Academy Sports.........long burn, hot, and very consistent.

That's my go-to lump. It started showing up at Pavilions a few months back. Where are you getting yours?

Wal Mart of all places, but I needed some gun cleaner and decided to look while I was there. They also had bricks of Velveta, so I made some Mac n Cheese too.

You're all right on the money. Loved the smell of the smoke. It cooked about 25* hotter in my UDS than with the Kingsford briquets that I usually use (along with chunks of whatever wood I have/can find ~ just finished up a batch of hickory). After 3 hrs @ 300* I slathered w/sauce and gated down my intake to 225ish. Only was gonna do another hour, but ended up in the jacuzzi with the GF, so they went two hours and I over cooked 'em a bit. The small parts were dried out, but the thick ribs were still juicey with great flavor. I am sold!

Attachments

• mac n ribs.jpg
    mac n ribs.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I've used probably 10 20# bags and just got my first couple chunks of concrete. Pretty good considering what I got out of royals oak.

Back