Roll Call. Inside 30 days. NKC MO State Championship BBQ, March 9-10, NKC, Mo

luckyduk

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Haven't seen one for this yet....

We are sending app in this weekend

Who else?

If it's anything like the last two years, you'd better bring your own porta-pot also. I won't be there this year, that's my only weekend off that month

I'm not going to be there but I did hear that the Rotary Club has someone new organizing the event so hopefully there are some improvements this year.

Good luck to all who participate!

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
if you are going make sure to tie your stuff down, and be prepared for the big 10% CBJ turnout ....was our first comp. we ever did last year and in my opinion was so poorly run and organized that we figured if all the comps. are like this, which none are that i have experienced, we are going to be done with the comp. world quick. Turns out this comp. was the exception to the rule and all others we have done have been AWESOME

Hmmm , was considering, but sounds like maybe it's not such a great idea!

I don't believe the more CBJ thing at all....last year i seen the percentage drop every week till comp. time then the site said 40% CBJ comes to find out on Saturday that the actual percentage was more like 10%....just what i didn't want for our first comp. ....my food to be judged by a bunch of radio DJ's and "local celebrities" or eventually what it came down to was, "hey,buddy we need 8 more judges...you hungry?"

I've cooked it three times and each time I told myself I would never go back, but after last year, I'm sticking to my guns. Between the lack of CBJ's, poor organization, loud generators, not getting score sheets after more than an hour of delay for the awards, and the over-flowing, puke filled, port-a-pots that never get cleaned out or restocked with toilet paper, in addition to all the drunken a-holes bumbling around after the parade, there is no way I will ever go back unless I hear glowing reports over a few years (which I believe is highly doubtful).

Good luck to all who are brave enough to attend this contest, my hat's off to you.

I've cooked it three times and each time I told myself I would never go back, but after last year, I'm sticking to my guns. Between the lack of CBJ's, poor organization, loud generators, not getting score sheets after more than an hour of delay for the awards, and the over-flowing, puke filled, port-a-pots that never get cleaned out or restocked with toilet paper, in addition to all the drunken a-holes bumbling around after the parade, there is no way I will ever go back unless I hear glowing reports over a few years (which I believe is highly doubtful).

Good luck to all who are brave enough to attend this contest, my hat's off to you.

My feelings also. Skipped last year and will be doing the same this year. The only reason people go to this contest is because it is the first one of the year and they are having contest withdraws.

Communication with judges was so poor last year trying to find out if he needed judges that I won't ever judge it again much less try to cook it. Keith

Back