BBQ Newbie in Utah

mktippets

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Excited to be new member of the BBQ Brethren Forum. I have been grilling all my adult life, but I am a BBQ newbie. I recently turned 50 and I am starting some hobbies that I hope to enjoy well into retirement. If I can get my wife and kids to join me around the fire, then I believe I will have a winning solution.

Starting out by converting one of my gas grills into a smoker while I do some shopping for a smoker. Open to any advice and feedback. I am very intrigued by the Yoder YS640 pellet smoker. Trying to decide if I should spend a little more to start or possibly look at a Green Mountain Grill or Traeger as a starter.

I LOVE brisket and I hope to learn how to create it in my own backyard first, then on to ribs, pork shoulder and chicken. I have also played with pizza on the grill and think that a smokey flavored pizza would be awesome as well.

I look forward to participating and learning here in the Forums. I enjoy twitter and can be found by following @mktippets.

m.

Welocme to the asylum!

If you can afford it, I would highly recommend spending the extra for the Yoder. The built quality is significantly better that the lower priced pellet grills/smokers.

From one new member to another new member, welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. My browser never leaves this site. lol It is pretty much my new home.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome aboard m., glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back