temp probes

Roaster

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
What do people use to check the temps on there meat & fire

You can buy one for each or one to do both. Polder sells a digital probe setup that will monitor pit temp and meat temp. I have never used one so I don't know how well they work. I use a thermopen for spot checks, best money I ever spent. Left it in the rain and had to but another.

I have a 3 TelTru mounted on the pit. i used Nutemps to monitor the pit temp at the grate level and the food for large cuts, and a Thermapen for spot checks.

Here's a picture of my set-up. I have a meat-probe and pit temp with the guru, and another dual meat/pit unit. my dial thermometer is always +/- 5* of what the electronics are reading. I do not use the meat probes with chicken or ribs. For chicken, I have a thermapen.

Attachments

• control panel.jpg
    control panel.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I use a couple of regular oven thermometers for the pit & a thermpen for the meat.

I have a 'oregon scientific' don't get it. It sucks. It has preprogramed presets, and there all off. for beef at well done it's preset to 170. But I need 190 for my brisket. And it beeps when it reaches the done temp. I'll be buying a diffrent one soon.

Back