Brisket on a Rotisserie

DanB

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Hi All Has anyone cooked a brisket on a Rotisserie? I have a 5-6 lb brisket defrosting, thinking of putting it on the rotisserie.What do you guys/girls think?
Thanks Dan

Do it, I want to see how it comes out :-D

Never have but it should be fantastic!

DO IT!!

What benefit do you want to get from spinning it? A rotisserie is usually used to help something cook more evenly like a whole chicken, where a side gets heated directly and then it has time to cook/transfer heat to the inside before it gets another wave of direct heat, repeat until deliciously done. With low and slow indirect cooking there usually isn't one side exposed to much higher heat than the other. If you have that problem, I would try deflectors first. That said, I know several BBQ joints like to do ribs in large rotisserie setups where the dripping fat auto bastes the next rack as they keep rotating from top to bottom. I have never tried to spin a brisket or even thought about, but I am curious to hear your thoughts on why and hear about the results if you try it.

You just gave me an idear! I have a point that I cut off a packer that I used the flat to make pastrami. I was trying to think of the best way to cook it up to make burnt ends and the roti is the perfect way! I will have to post pictures. It won't be for a few weeks though.

What benefit do you want to get from spinning it? A rotisserie is usually used to help something cook more evenly like a whole chicken, where a side gets heated directly and then it has time to cook/transfer heat to the inside before it gets another wave of direct heat, repeat until deliciously done. With low and slow indirect cooking there usually isn't one side exposed to much higher heat than the other. If you have that problem, I would try deflectors first. That said, I know several BBQ joints like to do ribs in large rotisserie setups where the dripping fat auto bastes the next rack as they keep rotating from top to bottom. I have never tried to spin a brisket or even thought about, but I am curious to hear your thoughts on why and hear about the results if you try it.

I'm chopping on the bit to try out the rotisserie , and see how it works. If i do the brisket it has to be hot n fast with roti temps.
I got a rack of BB's ribs defrosting also,my pick up a small butt and do it with the ribs.
Save the brisket for the Shirley
DanB

I am in the "go for it" crowd. You may be on to something, and everything that has ever happened in the world had someone that said "what if?".

I think it will work fantastic.
Please do it and let us know.

Low & Slow, cant go wrong on the rotisserie. Are you using a basket or rods? I would try not to run rods through the grain, so when you slice against the grain you dont see the holes.

Man this is my exact thought. I wonder how rotisserie brisket would turn out. I don't see why it would not be amazing! I'm still sitting on a brand new cajun bandit + octoforks rotisserie kit I've used once! I'm dying to spin more I just haven't had time right now!

Never done a brisket but have done a full packer corned beef. After the spin I braised it in Guinness until tender, it was darn good.

Attachments

• St Paddy's Day Corned Beef Brisket 004.jpg
    St Paddy's Day Corned Beef Brisket 004.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 173
Smoke Ninja - How did the rotisserie brisket and pork butt turn out compared to regular low and slow.

Smoke Ninja - How did the rotisserie brisket and pork butt turn out compared to regular low and slow.

Pork butt comes out as good or better. The bark was nice, pulled real well too. It was a rather small piece if flat so it was gonna be tough to nail. I have a system in place for brisket that does well for me. Hard to change what works but now that beef is affordable again its on my to do list to spin a packer for at least a portion of the cook.

Hi All Has anyone cooked a brisket on a Rotisserie? I have a 5-6 lb brisket defrosting, thinking of putting it on the rotisserie.What do you guys/girls think?
Thanks Dan

Hi All The brisket was still in the defrosting mode, so I went with the BB ribs and a small shoulder..Boy the rotisserie cooks really fast Baby Backs 's were done in 2 hrs, shoulder took a little longer.
I could taste the rub on the ribs, not so when I smoke them?

Temp were 350 and above at times. Kinda fast for a brisket?
Thanks Dan B

@DanB,
Did you get around to doing this rotisserie brisket?
If you did, how did it turn out?

Just asking as I am thinking of doing one on my rotisserie....

Back