• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dirty Chicken Wings, Lolli's, and Simply Marvelous Spares

Bacon

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The new spices and rubs came in this past week that I ordered from the previous. ( Still waiting on one order )

I had to try them and I said "screw it, I'm using both today". And so I did.

Todd's Dirt is a great seasoning. A very fresh herb taste and my goodness is it flavorful. I bought two of them and I smelled it in the mailbox before I opened it.:biggrin: I knew it was going to be a good one.

So I just smoked some wings, and Lollipop's. Delicious.

041-2.jpg

049.jpg

065-3.jpg

078-1.jpg

Then for the ribs, Big Brother Smoke's Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy Rub.

Fantastic flavor. Has a very nice balance of smokey, sweet, and a hint of heat. In my opinion a superb balance.

So I picked up a rack of Spares, St. Loui'd 'em. And rubbed, let set for say 50 minutes wrapped in the refrigerator and then to the rib rack.
2-2-1 turned out great. I cant wait to put this stuff on my next butt.:wink:

144.jpg

070-1.jpg

105.jpg

Plated.

095-2.jpg

099.jpg

I do highly recommend BOTH of these rubs. PM Either Big Brother Smoke for the Simply Marvelous S&S rub and thedirtman for info about The Dirt.

Also, I want to send a shout out to trp1fox for cooking such great food with these rubs and making that delicious thread. Inspired me to purchase and I am glad I did.

Thanks Bacon! Glad I could help.

I am such a huge fan of BBS rub. It's great on ribs and butts. Still need to try it on some other stuff. I can't believe I've got through half my first order already. I've got a huge chuck roll in the freezer that will be getting the rest of it next weekend.

Your grub looks fantastic. I'm going to be trying the lollipops soon.

I need some of that dirt. Looks like the answer to some chicken.

excellent!... i'm always looking for new chit, that looks and sounds perfect for adding to the pantry.

thanks bro... GREAT PRON!

Bacon,
Thanks for the props. Man that picture is making me hungry. I am going to try that rib rub, it looks great.
Todd
"The Dirtman"

Nice pron!!....and follow up to your rub quest thread. Let us know when you get the other rubs and give an update. I got some Simply Marvelous rub myself today:-D

Paul

Back