MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #241
MelvinDisco
Got rid of the matchlight.

I got my unit on Friday, and it's proven to be very finnicky. I have an iPhone, a Mac desktop and a Mac lap top. All three devices could see the cyberq wi-fi network, but only the iphone could connect to its web page. the other two would constantly time out without bringing the page up.

The very frustrating thing though, is I simply could not get the unit to be handshake with my router in infrastructure mode, and I have exactly the same setup that the user manual uses as an example--Verizon Fios, with that same router. Once I apply the settings and reboot the cyberQ, it simply does not connect to my router. I've waited five minutes, I've waited two hours--no impact. If anyone has any advice, i'm all ears. My router is aboout five years old--i don't know if that matters or not.
MelvinDisco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 05:37 AM   #242
Grant968
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelvinDisco View Post
I got my unit on Friday, and it's proven to be very finnicky. I have an iPhone, a Mac desktop and a Mac lap top. All three devices could see the cyberq wi-fi ... If anyone has any advice, i'm all ears. My router is aboout five years old--i don't know if that matters or not.
I have a new Cisco/Linksys router. I have not been able to get infrastructure mode to work. Therefore, apps are of no value to me; much less expensive products could have and should have been purchased that will achieve the same performance as Adhoc. I was very excited about the promise of the technology. It has proven unable to deliver on the promise.

If you find a working solution, let us know. Don't be surprised if the benefits of infrastructure mode prove to be unobtainable.
Grant968 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #243
Jaskew82
is One Chatty Farker

Melvin, I have the same set up as you and have had the same issue. Re-start the router.Don't reset it, just re-start. Unplug it for 15 seconds and plug it back in.

2013 Stumps Classic - Delivered 4/15/13
Large BGE - Rescued 2012
2010 WSM 22.5"
2010 Weber genesis gas grill
Rescued 22.5 Weber One-touch gold
Yellow Thermopen
BBQ Guru CyberQ
2011 Built UDS - Retired
Jaskew82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #244
MelvinDisco
Got rid of the matchlight.

Red face

I tried the re-start of the router a few days ago, with no success. I'll give it another whirl.

After you did the re-start, did you reset to factory settings and repeat the infrastructure setup steps, or did the unit immediately handshake with the router?
MelvinDisco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #245
Jaskew82
is One Chatty Farker

I restarted the router after everything was set up for infrastructure. I did this because no matter what I did, they just wouldn't talk. I did not adjust anything on the GURU and after the reset, everything worked. Had to do this 2x. Once with the original firmware and again with the new firmware.

2013 Stumps Classic - Delivered 4/15/13
Large BGE - Rescued 2012
2010 WSM 22.5"
2010 Weber genesis gas grill
Rescued 22.5 Weber One-touch gold
Yellow Thermopen
BBQ Guru CyberQ
2011 Built UDS - Retired
Jaskew82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #246
acole10000
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Cannot download the the BBQ Remote app for iPhone - Is anyone else having issues?

http://appdesigngeeks.com/bbqguru/bbqremote.html
acole10000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #247
HKChad
Got Wood.

Uploaded a new version of the BBQMonitor for Android since the old one timed out today. This one will go until Dec 18. Lots of new changes, only display 2 gauges per page now swiping left/right cycles through them. Also you can update almost all of the CyberQ Parameters from the App.

Download

Enjoy!
Chad

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #248
so60

Quote:
Originally Posted by acole10000 View Post
Cannot download the the BBQ Remote app for iPhone - Is anyone else having issues?

http://appdesigngeeks.com/bbqguru/bbqremote.html
Yes, I am having the same problem.
so60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #249
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Version 2.0 is available for download.

I just uploaded version 2 to my website. This new version is for firmware 1.1 only.

Rick

Old 10-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #250
Sylvius

Default BBQRemote

I'm also having problems downloading the app. I've sent my UDID and follow the link on the web page I get an error that the app can't be downloaded at this time. Anybody able to install it successfully?
Sylvius is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #251
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

I am interested in the CyberQ Wifi as well, because my Maverick doesn't work in my home office in the 2nd floor whereas my cooking area is on the lowest deck of our hillside estate.

Too bad that it has to be a Windows-only software, because we don't have a single machine running a M$ OS here, but different versions of Debian/Ubuntu Linux instead. Can't the software be made platform independent, which would also allow the Apple Mac users to participate?

At least there is now an Android app available, because I was fearing an iOs-only version.

I am not a programmer, so I can not contribute. If it's just not possible to make the software platform independent, I'd rather play around with a shell script than trying to get it going with WINE somehow (but I guess it's a no-go anyway due to the .Net stuff).

Anyway keep up the good work, I'll follow this thread, although I am still not fully convinced to invest in a CyberQ right now, because it is really expensive with shipping to Austria/Europe. I wish the CyberQ developers would participate here in this thread, as I find it a little odd, that they do not have any software and phone app for their product themselves at hands.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #252
HKChad
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is not your pork! View Post
I am interested in the CyberQ Wifi as well, because my Maverick doesn't work in my home office in the 2nd floor whereas my cooking area is on the lowest deck of our hillside estate.

Too bad that it has to be a Windows-only software, because we don't have a single machine running a M$ OS here, but different versions of Debian/Ubuntu Linux instead. Can't the software be made platform independent, which would also allow the Apple Mac users to participate?

At least there is now an Android app available, because I was fearing an iOs-only version.

I am not a programmer, so I can not contribute. If it's just not possible to make the software platform independent, I'd rather play around with a shell script than trying to get it going with WINE somehow (but I guess it's a no-go anyway due to the .Net stuff).

Anyway keep up the good work, I'll follow this thread, although I am still not fully convinced to invest in a CyberQ right now, because it is really expensive with shipping to Austria/Europe. I wish the CyberQ developers would participate here in this thread, as I find it a little odd, that they do not have any software and phone app for their product themselves at hands.
Well keep in mind out of the box there is a html interface that works as long as you have a browser and ip connection to the CyberQ, you don't 'need' any of this fancy .net/ios/android stuff to make really good use out of the CyberQ. Once you get it all setup it's pretty much set and forget anyway.

Chad

Old 10-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #253
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKChad View Post
Well keep in mind out of the box there is a html interface that works as long as you have a browser and ip connection to the CyberQ, you don't 'need' any of this fancy .net/ios/android stuff to make really good use out of the CyberQ. Once you get it all setup it's pretty much set and forget anyway.
I know, but the possibility of logging cooks with analyzes and graphs is in intriguing.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #254
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

The program uses the .Net Framework 4.5 which will not run on XP or below.
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra800_96 View Post
I received my new CyberQ Wifi this last week & tried it out yesterday. It already had firmware 1.1 installed, so I didn't need to do that. I tried installing Palms software on my XP computer but kept getting an error on opening that it wasn't a true 32 bit application. I was able to get infrastucture set up & working, so I just kept track of it with the web page app & my ipod, kept logged times, etc manually in excell. It worked great! Got a full 6 hours (versus 4-5 hrs) in my old modded SNPP using lump in charcoal basket, & have some left over after it choked out. Today I installed Palms software on my other Vista Basic computer I have & the install of the program went flawlessly. Although I didn't fire up the smoker, everything seems to work perfectly with the probes & fan plugged in. Quick response with changing set temps, etc. Thanks Rick for your work on this.

To the others having trouble with infrastructure..I also thought mine wouldn't connect after first setting it up. After getting fed up, I walked away from it for a while, came back 15 minutes later & it had finally found my network & connected. For some reason, it takes a long time, sometimes 15-20 minutes to connect. I don't know if there's something I'm not setting correctly yet, but it does connect finally & stays connected. Are any of you out there also experiencing this?

Old 10-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #255
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

There is another user running it successfully on Mac using a Fusion VM running Windows 7.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is not your pork! View Post