• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Makeshift smokehouse

Hoss

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have this large cabinet on my back porch that I use to keep cooking accessories in.I emptied it out and used it for a small smokehouse.

30 pounds of cured pork belly

image-17_zps23933307.jpg

Put in some dowels to hang the meat from and set up the soldering iron and bean can for a little cold smoking with Hickory chips.

image-17_zpsf4a3417e.jpg

image-17_zpsff2f5c14.jpg

I have this large cabinet on my back porch that I use to keep cooking accessories in.I emptied it out and used it for a small smokehouse.

30 pounds of cured pork belly

image-17_zps23933307.jpg

Put in some dowels to hang the meat from and set up the soldering iron and bean can for a little cold smoking with Hickory chips.

image-17_zpsf4a3417e.jpg

image-17_zpsff2f5c14.jpg

That's great!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

That will work just vent the top in some manner so the smoke doesn't condensate on the meat and make it bitter.

You can cold smoke in a cardboard box as long as it does not come in contact with the heat/smoke source.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product...

That will work just vent the top in some manner so the smoke doesn't condensate on the meat and make it bitter.

You can cold smoke in a cardboard box as long as it does not come in contact with the heat/smoke source.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product...

It has plenty of cracks/crevices,openings for the smoke to escape.It is in no way air tight.Thanks.

Back