Mexican pulled pork tacos with pron updating with cook

biffster2001

Reaction score
Hello today I'm trying a 8.5lb pork butt bone in for some pulled pork tacos.
I'm starting the cook on a vision grill with lump and starting temp of 265 but will be raising as it goes. I think I may be tight for time I have 10 hours for this cook...

Will update photos as I go.

The rub

I made the rub by mixing package taco seasoning with a guacamole seasoning and some brown sugar. And rubbed the pork with yellow mustard to apply.

This sat 1 hour before going to smoker and pork was out 3 hours before smoking

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Hello today I'm trying a 8.5lb pork butt bone in for some pulled pork tacos.
I'm starting the cook on a vision grill with lump and starting temp of 265 but will be raising as it goes. I think I may be tight for time I have 10 hours for this cook...

Will update photos as I go.

I have been wanting to try pulled pork tacos but haven't to date. Are you just going to pull the meat and make tacos? In my mind, ( I cook in my head sometimes) I thought about pulling the meat, putting it in a very hot skillet with some more rub to brown real fast and then hitting it with some salsa.

This sat 1 hour before going to smoker and pork was out 3 hours before smoking

Are you saying that your pork butt sat out for 4 hours total?

If so, then I STRONGLY suggest for you to not do that. That's a really long time for your food to be in the danger zone(40-140 degrees).

I have been wanting to try pulled pork tacos but haven't to date. Are you just going to pull the meat and make tacos? In my mind, ( I cook in my head sometimes) I thought about pulling the meat, putting it in a very hot skillet with some more rub to brown real fast and then hitting it with some salsa.

I will be trying the hot pan and crisp method with left overs.

I plan to pull and light sauce then use as filling. I will taste first to see if I need to add the sauce.

Do yourself a huge favor and make some rolled tacos (or flautas ). The deep fry is a little work but by far the best use of leftover PP

5.5 hours 162 internal temp holding 300

Just went into foil and bumped temp to 325

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 100
Finished and resting! Thanks for the help of getting it cooked on time. 8 hours total cook time now resting for 1.5 hours in a cooler.

Back