• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket and your Rub (For the Funky Only)

Thanks for the dictionary.
I think maybe all this funk needs to be translated into a couple more languages,
country and hard rock. Maybe southern rockabilly would be good to. Maybe there is a computer program out there that will automatically translate the funk into country or funk into rock.

Great info just hard to read.

OK, heres a question on George Clinton. Is George Clinton, George Clinton or does the type of George Clinton matter to any degree? I am looking at Kosher George, sea salt George(different grinds) and regular ol noniodized George.
Which type is preferred and why?

Thanks,

Ken(feeling funkier everytime I read this)

Oh I forgot to ask how or where this fits into the dictionary??
In this video Cornbread Olive Oil was Funk Legend Jesse Johnson. Jesse Johnson Funk

Extra virgin (rocker) Jesse Johnson

Sorry but I need the translation.

And another George Clinton question to go with Ken V's question where does Hawaiian Black Sea Salt fit in the funk?

Also, are red, pink, green and white peppercorns part of Larry Graham or are they not funky enough to be in Q???

I stuffed George Clinton in my water softener today. Hope he doesn't get out!:shock:

Did you see that George Clinton is trying hard to Gone Country along with Sheila E., Micky Dolenz and three others????

So maybe the Funk can go Country to.

And another George Clinton question to go with Ken V's question where does Hawaiian Black Sea Salt fit in the funk?

Also, are red, pink, green and white peppercorns part of Larry Graham or are they not funky enough to be in Q???

According to the recipe in Hit Me Fred Sauce, Larry Graham is a mixture of all of those peppercorns, freshly cracked.

So I tried going to popdaddys website and it is either in Japanese, Chinese or Korean. Don't know which, so whas up wid dat????/

Thanks for the dictionary.
I think maybe all this funk needs to be translated into a couple more languages,
country and hard rock. Maybe southern rockabilly would be good to. Maybe there is a computer program out there that will automatically translate the funk into country or funk into rock.

Great info just hard to read.

I bit about my strange ways... It was more of a tip off out of respect to the MEMBERS of the brethren than to exclude them.

You see I like to share my funk but don't think it should be given away to anyone on the net without earning it. In essence, if you say, want easy answers, get a cookbook. But if you want a few tips that are useful you will have to bend to my wavelength. You don't dig the waves (Kelly's Heros reference) I am sorry, its the way I roll baby.

But since some of the brethren have jumped on board and shared, y'all help each other out. This can only been seen in the brethren archives once some time passes. So if anyone HAS to try my rub or something they could figure it out. My videos also help out, teach a few things but leave some things out... like when Neil says he uses P...............whoooooah almost had you there huh?

Of course its also in fun too. And the fun is how bent outta shape some people get that profess not to give a ****. Whatever peanut butters their jelly.

You know when I picked up a few things at Kruez market bussing tables long ago and at angelos long ago, I didn't tell them to turn off the Hank Williams (Salt) and George Jones (pepper) music so I could dig what they were letting me in on.

Not untill you can send me a packer brisket with flavor in the middle!

Hmmm I don't know how to react to this one...

I am saying don't inject because you are trying to learn the affects that copius amounts of salt and pepper have on a packer. Once you have done it then go forth and do what you want.

If I wanted to insult injectors (and I have:wink:) I would do so.

But this technique (German style) is the zenith of a brisket... as far as it can go penetration wise without artificial injections.

Now my dry injection would not count as a liquid injection. But we have talked about that technique before.

That being said, the number one thing people say about this style is.... how do you get the flavor deep in the meat without injecting?

So I tried going to popdaddys website and it is either in Japanese, Chinese or Korean. Don't know which, so whas up wid dat????/

i retired my website when moved... the host videos are still on youtube.com though

That being said, the number one thing people say about this style is.... how do you get the flavor deep in the meat without injecting?

My point exactly! Now if a brisket tasted like a rib-eye I would not need to inject it, but as we both know it does not.

After 6 years of competing, and trying every combination of rubs out there, I could not agree with you more on just salt and pepper. I do use a small amout of garlic powder and a very small amount of chile powder!

My point exactly! Now if a brisket tasted like a rib-eye I would not need to inject it, but as we both know it does not.

After 6 years of competing, and trying every combination of rubs out there, I could not agree with you more on just salt and pepper. I do use a small amout of garlic powder and a very small amount of chile powder!

LOL No... I mean they want to know how I get all that flavor into the meat without injecting.... this means... you can, without an injection.
No, not as much flavor as the injection shortcut, but close. Now my dry injection does the trick though.

6 years is a long time to compete... long time. I think that's how long I competed when I quit in 1993.

I bet your brisket rub is stellar man.... a real signature taste with only two little additions. Less is definitely more at times. Damn your making me hungry with that.

6 years is a long time to compete... long time. I think that's how long I competed when I quit in 1993.

Funny you would say that...Burn out is setting in and we are going to judge twice as much as compete this year! Perfect timing, have virtually all the equipment that I have always wanted, so it can now sit!

At the time... I just couldn't spend a thousand to win a thousand anymore. I went back to college, got in shape (which i AINT NO MO) and ate steamed chicken and rice until about 2000 or so.

So I am watching the Hit Me Fred sauce video. Cannot seem to get on the popdaddy website and so I am writing down the ingredients to be translated into english later. But I don't know how to translate a "coffee cup measure" I don't drink that burnt water so don't know anything about measuring it.

Back