Injection with herb butter?

G

GWags

Going to inject my first butt this weekend with Chris Lilly's recipe with some rub added. Has anyone added herb melted butter to an injection for butt or brisket? I love herb butter on my steak so mabe a couple tbs. might work added to an injection?

Noobie opinion here. I have never injected a brisket or butt specifically; however, I have used a garlic/italian herb butter injected into leaner meats to keep them moist, such as pork tenderloin with great success in the past. So if injected/stuffed lean meats = good, then injected/stuffed fatty meats = awesome? Just a proposition. I'll be interested to see the posts to follow, as my first brisket ever turned out a bit dry.

Inject away.... I'm reasonably new to it myself, but have injected butter in chicken, and injected other things into pork and lamb and beef. Some people say it doesn't make a lot of difference and some people swear by it. Meaning... it's probably got a lot to do with ingredients and technique and cooking time.

One thing you can guarantee... no-ones going to tell you it's tastes terrible..

Cheers!

Bill

I've added sage, cayenne, and garlic to melted butter and it works great.

Just outta curiosity. How does one inject butter? I can see larding with butter but in order to inject with butter the butter would have to be above the safe storage temp of the meat (melted). Just wondering.

I just love to inject things, don't think you can go wrong at all.:thumb::thumb::clap2:

Back