I kicked butters ( not Southtown) arss!

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Living here in the land of "damn it's cold" I have butter set out on the counter and in no way shape or form can you slice off some for your toasted English muffin and absolutely no chance on bread for a sandwich!
I have tried numerous means to soften it, microwave for 4 sec., cutting REALLY thin slices, even thought of finding a genius electronic engineer to develop a butter dish with a heating element in the butter tray run by solar energy to keep it at a spreadable temp.
But not to worry, good old American ingenuity has prevailed. Assuming like myself you keep your rigid stick in a glass, ceramic, plastic two piece butter dish the solution is only a step away from flaccidness.

Before putting your morning toast in the toasting machine, or grab your bread for a sandwich, take the top of your butter dish set it in the sink and turn a hot water stream over its cover for a minute. Take it out of the sink, dry the top off and put it back on the butter dish. By time you need it, it will be well, "soft as butter".
You are all welcome.
Ed

I hold the knife perpendicular to the stick of butter and scrape it along the stick of room temperature butter. You get a thin curl of softened butter.

Wouldn't want to live with you. Turn up the heater for goodness sake.

We have a toaster over and just leave the butter dish on top whilst preparing the toast. Provided it isnt straight out of the fridge this works well, could translate to a traditional toaster as well.

We have a toaster over and just leave the butter dish on top whilst preparing the toast. Provided it isnt straight out of the fridge this works well, could translate to a traditional toaster as well.

This has the same bad side effects as the 4 sec. microwave, it isolates the bottom of the stick so it gets all gushy when you try to slice a pad. (who has OCD?)

Back