MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:19 PM   #1
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default How my Peppered Butt Cheated The Emergency 🚨 Room

Rain has held off today. Actually not a good thing. Anyway nice long walk in the fog and mist got me to thinking blended smoke. Mesquite gets a bad wrap at times. However, a low key blue of mesquite enveloping the ground on a foggy misty day. Well dejavu:-)) ran to the store and bought a butt. Well seasoned and extra black pepper in one inch of OJ-Chicken Stock and a dash of Worcestershire. Primo Oval XL and two woods.

I lit the chimney and while carrying the coals several glowing red coals small pieces bounced off the top of my Saucony’s.

Last edited by 16Adams; 10-08-2018 at 04:20 PM..
16Adams is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

I miss seeing the PBC out on the edge of that patio Adams.

What’s the plan for the butt? Chili? Stew?

Please consider a subscription!

Brisket is sacred, don't **** with brisket!

On a foggy day with stick burners in front of businesses and at houses burping Mesquite, Pecan, and Oak- the thin blue laying hazily near the ground- outstanding. - 16Adams
Stlsportster is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-07-2018, 02:06 PM   #3
16Adams

Leftovers for Sunday dinner. Bride ate remainder of Green Chile stew. I ate remainder of green Chile Meatloaf Cupcakes, purple potatoes, acorn squash and asparagus. Irish Butter and dark beer.
Man that mezkeet smells grand.

Last edited by 16Adams; 10-08-2018 at 04:20 PM..

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-07-2018, 02:12 PM   #4
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Did the shoes survive?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Shirley 24x55 Straight Back Cabinet 4 Racks
T&K Smokers GF /Abe's 48" Entertainer / 22.5 OTG
28" BS / Custom 20x52 vertical / Jimmy with CB Roti
Red Box Smoker on custom cart

2018 Texas Fall Bash - Oct. 27th 2018 https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...19#post3972819
2018 Texas Fall Bash Sign Up https://goo.gl/L6rTyE
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #5
16Adams

Yes they survived. Barefoot flip flops or sandals might have ruined the cook. It’s weird how you can hurt yourself. 6-8 weeks ago I used one of the new starter sticks that look like a 6 inch match. Struck it as instructed and a piece of the starter kicked back on to the nail bed Washed it really good and kept soaked in Black Seed oil. Took almost 4 weeks for the black spot to go away.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #6
Mikhail
is One Chatty Farker

Best.

Thread.

Titles.

Ever.

PK CLassic Grill
Broil King Signet 320 Propane
Good One Open Range
Mikhail is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2018, 07:47 PM   #7
Smoking Piney
Babbling Farker

Adams, We all are all collectively enthralled by your posts. However, you border on click bait here at times which is why I don't click on most of them anymore.

You're obviously a great cook and photographer. Why not just get to point at hand with your great cooks and post your killer pics? No mystery needed.

As for "Emergency Room" with this click bait thread, please forgive me......I'm old as dirt, set in my ways, and not into fashion. I just call them "shoes".

Emergency room? Where's the tie-in? I guess your top dollar shoes survived this major catastrophe?

Just wondering where you're really coming from.

Assassin 24
XL BGE
Weber Kettle with rotisserie and Vortex
AMNPS

Last edited by Smoking Piney; 10-07-2018 at 09:45 PM..
Smoking Piney is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2018, 08:15 PM   #8
BuffettFan
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Terry

I can relate.
Couple of weeks ago, grilling some rib eyes, barefoot, thought I stepped on a sharp rock on the patio. Eventually, I went to brush it off with my hand, and it burnt my hand.
Apparently a hot piece of coal dropped out the bottom of the Webber and was slowly burning it's way through my foot.
I just brushed it off and ate some steak.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:33 PM   #9
luv2smoke
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking Piney View Post
Adams, We all are all collectively enthralled by your posts. However, you border on click bait here at times which is why I don't click on most of them anymore.

You're obviously a great cook and photographer. Why not just get to point at hand with your great cooks and post your killer pics? No mystery needed.

As for "Emergency Room" with this click bait thread, please forgive me......I'm old as dirt, set in my ways, and not into fashion. I just call them "shoes".

Emergency room? Where's the tie-in? I guess your top dollar shoes survived this major catastrophe?

Just wondering where you're really coming from.
You must be a crotchety old geezer
I like the posts and I hope they keep coming.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:56 PM   #10
THoey1963

Name/Nickname : Terry

Piney, we all have our preferences and writing styles. Read those that interest you, skip the ones that don't. I happen to enjoy Mr. Adams "click baits" as you call them. I also enjoy your cook threads too...

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review HERE. WSM Mods HERE. My Brisket Guide HERE.
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 07:47 PM   #11
Smoking Piney
Babbling Farker

I stand humbled here and offer my sincere apology to Adams and the entire Brethren for my horrible post here.

Not to make excuses, but I had (and still have a touch) of the flu that's going around early. I sat in front of my keyboard feeling bad and in a horrible mood and vented my horrible mood..............on Adams. I had no business focusing my ill feelings to anyone here.

For those that have read my posts, I hope you see that I'm a pretty positive person. Being a jerk is NOT me, nor my Brethren persona.

Adams, Brethren, my most sincere apologies. I feel horrible for posting it, and you will not see any such nonsense from me again.

I stand humbled in apology.

John

Assassin 24
XL BGE
Weber Kettle with rotisserie and Vortex
AMNPS
Smoking Piney is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 07:53 PM   #12
Bob C Cue
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking Piney View Post
I stand humbled here and offer my sincere apology to Adams and the entire Brethren for my horrible post here.

Not to make excuses, but I had (and still have a touch) of the flu that's going around early. I sat in front of my keyboard feeling bad and in a horrible mood and vented my horrible mood..............on Adams. I had no business focusing my ill feelings to anyone here.

For those that have read my posts, I hope you see that I'm a pretty positive person. Being a jerk is NOT me, nor my Brethren persona.

Adams, Brethren, my most sincere apologies. I feel horrible for posting it, and you will not see any such nonsense from me again.

I stand humbled in apology.

John
No you were right the first time. I never understand what Adams is saying, but he does cook up and photograph some great food!
Thermoworks Smoke
Bob C Cue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 08:41 PM   #13
Hoss
Babbling Farker

The word CREATIVE comes to mind.Only so many ST.Louis Rib cooks you can click on.I enjoy those too,by the way.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 09:36 PM   #14
16Adams

All good brother. All good.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:25 AM   #15
KevinJ
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Saucony are my go to for running shoes, 20% mil discount too.
Weber Go-Anywhere

All American Moinkballer
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote