Brisket Prices UP Everywhere?

darthtrader

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was planning on cooking a hot and fast brisky tomorrow and called around San Diego for per pound pricing. The lowest I could find was $3.29!!! What the heck happened to prices? Last time I cooked brisket last 4th of July it was $2.49 per pound. Is this ridiculousness happening everywhere or just here in SoCal?

News flash- prices on everything are up. Brisket always seems pricey around here- that's why I rarely cook it.

Paid the same price as last year at a Sam's Club in MN a couple of weeks ago. Pork Butts were the same, too.

I was just at Restaurant Depot in the West Bottoms of KC, and they had choice briskets for $1.89/lb. Sam's Club normally has them for right about $2.00/lb, but grocery stores are always at $3.49 and up.

The HEB stores in Texas are usually around 1.79/lb, but the select to choice ratio is about 10 to 1, meaning they rarely have choice packers, usually select.

The local Walmart has choice packers for $1.89/lb about half the time. Same Excel branding.

Yeah, prices are up on everything.. I can rarely find one for under $3.00 here in California

Texas is a big supplier of beef and the droughts here have caused ranchers to raise the price of all beef.

Just want until gas hits.....gasp $6/gallon, and ramped inflation sets in. Oh yeah, prices are going up. Buckle up!

Just want until gas hits.....gasp $6/gallon, and ramped inflation sets in. Oh yeah, prices are going up. Buckle up!

Sounds like a bunch of fear mongering. I'd gonna bet that meat prices go down, just to be an optimist :)

I might get pretty good odds on my bets!

Man, I feel lucky after reading all this.... not that they are the greatest but i got some IBP choice briskets from Albertsons about a week ago on special for $1.49 per lb....when i did self check out..the machine said "BRISKET COUPON" and i paid $0.49 per lb. went back in and got the only other 3 that looked decent. Age them then freeze a few of them and use them for practice cooking. But yes, Price are going through roof and are forecast to go even higher from what i understand. If you have room, get them when you find them on sale and freeze em!!!

Texas is a big supplier of beef and the droughts here have caused ranchers to raise the price of all beef.

Pure BS

The price of feed is up due to more corn producers selling to ethanol producers. Compound that with the rise in popularity in bbq and you get a brisket frenzy. Price of fuel doesn't help either.

Wholesale prices have gone up, too. My supplier has me at $1.94/lb for choice.

Sign of the times, bro.

Tofu, the new brisket. No corn involved in production. Hey, if corn is going up, I better switch off of bourbon.

Back