• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Filling a vacancy on the board

Jorge

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Having read the bylaws, twice, I'd be interested to know how the board plans to fill the vacancy that now exists.

Jorge Is there a prescribed method in the Bylaws?

I don't see a method mentioned anywhere. Just that the remaining directors, may fill the vacancy at the next regularly scheduled meeting. The method for electing members to the board is spelled out much more clearly.

That's why I'm asking the question.

I asked someone yesterday and according to that person (who definitely should know) the precedent has already been set to go back to the previous election and select the person with the most votes who did not get elected. In this instance, it would be Mike Buddai, which is a good thing.

Now, whether this mess of an organization will stick to precedent or not, I cannot say with any certainty. I think legally it should since nothing indicates how to fill vacancies in the by-laws. APPARENTLY they're so worried about all the BS that they can't even put policies in places for vacancies. No wonder Rod wanted out...

I don't see a method mentioned anywhere. Just that the remaining directors, may fill the vacancy at the next regularly scheduled meeting. .

Thats it.

Someone brings up a candidate in a motion, they vote, and thats it.

I beleive thats the porcess. No need to "plan" anything.

I recall Mike Lake rejoining the board this way when Dr BBQ stepped down. (I think I recall it that way)

I asked someone yesterday and according to that person (who definitely should know) the precedent has already been set to go back to the previous election and select the person with the most votes who did not get elected. In this instance, it would be Mike Buddai, which is a good thing.

Was this precedent set after the Dr BBQ replacement? I don't watch that political theater much anymore

Is there anything in the bylaws that refers to Robert's rules of order? The by-laws for our homeoener's association stated that anything that is not covered goes to Robert's rules of order.

I have thought about running next year
A friend asked "Are you sure you want in on that?"
LOL Great question

When we realized that John Ross had been ineligible to run but had been elected the seat that would have been his was given to the guy he'd edged out and I think that was Rod. When I resigned I suggested Mike Lake who had been a board member in the past but hadn't even run the previous election. The board agreed and asked Mike to do it so the precedent thing isn't real.

Mike Budai would seem like a reasonable choice but I doubt it's a lock.

I heard rumors last night that Yankee may get a nomination.

Yankee would be a good addition because he's a solid guy and a great cook. Besides, those Bostonians don't put up with any chit.... :biggrin:

As Ray said the BOD can put anyone they want into the position, just needs a majority of the votes of remaining members of the Board.

Rod replaced John Ross, that year he had the next highest vote count on the list of candidates but Mike Lake case he had not run the year Ray resigned.

Thats it.

Someone brings up a candidate in a motion, they vote, and thats it.

I beleive thats the porcess. No need to "plan" anything.

The last copy of the by-laws I have says the same thing and is the "policy" So the BOD votes with a majority rule. It's clearly defined and simple. And it's a process that's in a number of organizations. Elections cost money, even on-line ones so it's there for economy and speed.

And it was stated that there are no by-laws covering this. It's really a pointless discussion though. The BoD will just do whatever they want to do.
There is clearly a by-law that says the BOD decides at the next meeting. How they do it is up to them. So you are right ,they will do whatever they want to do. We the members so empowered them.

From what I have been reading he would have to really crazy or really stupid to accept:rolleyes:

I've been called both on more than one occasion. If nobody's willing to step up then things will never get better. If I was nominated I would accept.

I've been called both on more than one occasion. If nobody's willing to step up then things will never get better. If I was nominated I would accept.

Consider yourself nominated.

At this time it's unclear what procedure the BoD will use to fill the vacant seat. In the most recent election Mike Budai, had the largest number of votes of the candidates not elected. I believe he should be given the option to accept, or decline the seat on the board.

Should the board decide to accept nominations from the membership it is my intent to nominate Mike Budai, and Steve Farrin.

Last edited:
oh come on Jorge you know you have know voice in the kcbs your just a member why would thay givew you a say.... i hope we all got the sarcasum in thet... did i spell sarcasum right?...lol

oh come on Jorge you know you have know voice in the kcbs your just a member why would thay givew you a say.... i hope we all got the sarcasum in thet... did i spell sarcasum right?...lol

Billy, the fact that I understood most of that just scares the chit out of me.

Back