• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Almost a throwdown entry...

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
but not quite :-D

I was planning on cooking this dish for the Caribbean throwdown going on now, but it didn't work out.

Jamaican Jerked Chicken Breast with Black Beans and Sweet Potato Mash.

Here's the recipe.

The recipe is cooked in a skillet, but my plan was to grill the chicken, make the sauce and sweet potato mash as in the recipe and then bring it all together. But... Mother nature was against me :rolleyes: When it came time to cook the chicken we were in the middle of a sever thunderstorm warning with high winds, heavy rain, small hail, thunder and lightening.

Yes Brothers and sisters. I wimped out. I cooked it in the skillet.

BUT... It was very good! I used jerk seasoning from St. John Spice on St. John in the USVI and seared the chicken breast in a hot skillet, added the beans, chopped tomatoes and chicken stock and let it all simmer until the chicken was done. Then I added the chopped scallions.

For the sweet potato mash I baked the sweet potatoes, scooped out the meat and mashed it with margarine, cinnamon and a little brown sugar.

537800_10200523017069819_2050276472_n.jpg

Yeah, I had to cook two TDs in the kitchen recently, due to problems I didn't foresee. Both turned out great, but didn't meet the rules.

I do admire you for not cheating, and entering anyway.

At least you had a good meal. :thumb:

CD

Crazy rain here in the Quad Cities and tough to BBQ. More coming your way brother.

PS, I am not too far away for a dinner invite! Looks amazing.

Personal Integrity! Speaks for itself, you are were in a PICKLE weren't you!

Super looking dish, just delete my photo's from my entry and we will share the victory! You got the power!

Ron, that looks great! The weather is getting really crazy patterns all around the world. I am a little worried....!

Looks delicious Ron. :thumb:

I feel your rain pain. We're getting pounded up here as well. I woke up this morning to a farkin' moat around my house.

Back