MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:30 PM   #16
Mandreyka
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulc View Post
Thanks! Aruba is probably my favorite Caribbean island. We first visited the island back in 2017 for my daughter's Spring Break and fell in love with the island and the beautiful friendly people there. And I agree there are some great restaurants on the island. We had some great meals at Zeerovers, Flying Fishbone, Yemanja, West Deck, and the Dutch Pancake House on our last trip. But we also loved going to Superfood and buying their freshly baked French bread and making sandwiches to take to the beach. I really love the bread, Gouda cheese, and the deli cuts sold there. It reminded me so much of the fantastic cheese, bread, and deli meats you find in Europe. It just tasted better.

This will be my first attempt at taking steaks and cooking while on vacation. Generally, we don't cook during our trip as we like to explore and try the local restaurants. But steak is something I feel like I can do just as good if not better than most restaurants, and I know there will be one night during the week when we will be really tired from our beach day and won't feel like going out to long sit down dinner. That's when I plan to cook the steak and you really can't beat the price/quality of USDA beef as I learned during my travels.

It's only 4 hours direct flight on Delta from Atlanta to Aruba. I should be able to freeze the steaks and place it in soft cooler and take it with me on my carry-on bag. And since the steaks are factory vacuum sealed, Aruba customs shouldn't care. But I've never tried taking steaks through customs so I don't know for sure.
You may want to check because I think transporting beef is a big no no.

Even Mexico will take your beef jerky if they find it, they have dogs trained to find it
Mandreyka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2019, 07:52 AM   #17
ModelMaker
Babbling Farker

It can't be that hard to contact authorities that could give you a answer of whether or not you'll end up pitching them in the garbage ( where customs will retrieve and have a great dinner!!)
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2019, 02:51 PM   #18
eggzlot
Take a breath!

https://www.visitaruba.com/traveling...r-travel-tips/

Meat and meat products; these items need to be declared and need to be registered at the Veterinary Service. Only meat and meat products of approved countries may be imported. For more information, please contact the Veterinary Service at +297 585 0400 or by email
eggzlot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2019, 07:33 AM   #19
ulc
Full Fledged Farker

Update: I'm in Aruba now. You guys scared me with all the custom declaration stuff. So I decided not to pack the steaks and risk possible confiscation. But I should've gone with my plan. I saw nothing in the Aruba custom form I filled out that even asked if you're bring any meat, plant, or food with you. I also didn't see anybody getting checked. So next time, I'm definitely taking steaks and other food to Aruba.

I've eaten at Zeerovers twice already. Love Zeerovers. I paid $27 for 3 whole red snappers and more than 1/2 lb of shrimp. Can't beat that. Or the view.

love the papaya hot sauce. finished whole bottle.

love the view at Zeeovers

ulc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2019, 11:14 AM   #20
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Dinner looks Great The view Awesome = Priceless
have fun
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club