MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:41 PM   #16
CakeM1x
is One Chatty Farker

Reminds me of Jason's 29lb boneless monster
CakeM1x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #17
m-fine
is Blowin Smoke!

Wait, is your name Justin again? I thought it was changed to Jason the last time you made a joint video.

As for the meat, I think there are some good reasons why ribs and briskets are usually separated.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:23 PM   #18
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

Looks like Bronto Ribs on The Flintstones.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:34 AM   #19
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-g View Post
Great video, I liked that at times you weren't sure but trudged along.
Yeah, it was a learning experience for sure. We literally had no idea what to expect.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xxVThreVc"] Brisket Throwdown: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill vs 2017 Kamado Joe Big Joe. [/URL]
Baby Back Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2017, 08:34 AM   #20
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtime7 View Post
thanks for posting, when I was in central Texas I was told that many years ago, bone in was the only way you got brisket, I had never seen one before.
Yeah, me neither. Troy has sources but I'm not sure how I'd get one otherwise. It was cool experience though.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xxVThreVc"] Brisket Throwdown: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill vs 2017 Kamado Joe Big Joe. [/URL]

Old 06-22-2017, 09:02 AM   #21
m-fine
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Back Maniac View Post
but I'm not sure how I'd get one otherwise.
You can buy a half cow (or whole) and ask the butcher to leave the bone on the brisket for you. The downsides are the high upfront cost and the minor inconvenience of having a few hundred pounds of additional beef you need to consume.

The other option is to find a butcher who does the slaughtering or who regularly butchers whole or half cows and make arrangements. Most retail "butchers" these days are getting meat already broken down and cryovaced, but if you live near enough to where beef is being raised, you should be able to find someone doing the high level cutting. Locally we have the Amish/Mennonite butchers and the localvore free range grass fed hipster butchers plus a couple of other shops that can do special cuts by request. You just have to be willing to ask.

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-24-2017, 05:23 PM   #22
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-fine View Post
You can buy a half cow (or whole) and ask the butcher to leave the bone on the brisket for you. The downsides are the high upfront cost and the minor inconvenience of having a few hundred pounds of additional beef you need to consume.

The other option is to find a butcher who does the slaughtering or who regularly butchers whole or half cows and make arrangements. Most retail "butchers" these days are getting meat already broken down and cryovaced, but if you live near enough to where beef is being raised, you should be able to find someone doing the high level cutting. Locally we have the Amish/Mennonite butchers and the localvore free range grass fed hipster butchers plus a couple of other shops that can do special cuts by request. You just have to be willing to ask.
^^^ This is why I love this site. Thanks, man.
sincerely,
"Jason"

Old 06-24-2017, 06:41 PM   #23
frognot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Charles

That was definitely a BOB (big ole brisket)!

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brisket, Yoder