Welcome the Work Sharp - Ken Onion version

zippy12

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
put a razor edge on 6 kitchen knifes in 15 min! Even a bread knife...

The Angle guide works great ... key is pull your blades through with light pressure on the belts...

I can shave my face with my chef knifes! O and they have a Strop belt...

129.99 amazon

20190721_140024.jpg

20190721_142116.jpg

Anyone want to buy some Jap water stones?

I have the original but also bought the KO version because I wanted to be able to go 15* on a couple. Glad you like it. I think the belts seem expensive though. I go through the fine belts much faster than the rest.

I have the original but also bought the KO version because I wanted to be able to go 15* on a couple. Glad you like it. I think the belts seem expensive though. I go through the fine belts much faster than the rest.

yea 18.00 for replacements is pricey... but the time put into having that sharp of a blade... worth it to me!

how many knifes can you do before the fine belts wear out?

how many knifes can you do before the fine belts wear out?

I haven’t really counted. 2-3 dozen? I have only gone through 2 fine belts, I am due a replacement again.

You will only use the 120 for garden tools or a lawn mover blade. On knives I hardly use the X65 (220) so you can probably get by with a 5-pack of the X22 (1000) and a 5-pack the X4 (3000) and that will last you a good long while. After the X22's gett worn, treat it like it's a 2000, and a worn X4 becomes 4000 or higher.

I'm ordering mine tomorrow. Have you seen the videos where an aggregate (jeweler's polish, etc.) is applied to the worn belt for further use?

You will only use the 120 for garden tools or a lawn mover blade. On knives I hardly use the X65 (220) so you can probably get by with a 5-pack of the X22 (1000) and a 5-pack the X4 (3000) and that will last you a good long while. After the X22's gett worn, treat it like it's a 2000, and a worn X4 becomes 4000 or higher.
I love learning things that should just be common knowledge. I might have realized it eventually. :doh:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I posted about these spring loaded angle guides in the other recent sharpening thread, but using them to keep your knives honed will also help on belt life. Even when touching up with the KO, I use only the 4X and 3 to 5 passes on each side.

RhtJXPZ.jpg

I posted about these spring loaded angle guides in the other recent sharpening thread, but using them to keep your knives honed will also help on belt life. Even when touching up with the KO, I use only the 4X and 3 to 5 passes on each side.

RhtJXPZ.jpg

yes your post inspired me to find this ans spend more money on my BBQ habit...

But my wife used one of the knifes on tomatoes and such for salad and she said awesome

I got my KO with the blade grinding attachment last December, I'm still using the original belts with no problems

Same here, I was alerted to the deal on this site so I got it for $85 or whatever discounted price it was at then. Good stuff.

Where did you find those?

If you are talking about the angle guides, HERE is the website with instructions how to determine bevel and micro bevel based on the profile of the blade (parallel or inclined) as well as how to use a hone or stone.

I ordered the hone cones from Amazon for $9 or $10

Thanks for posting the link to the videos showing how they work.

robert

Bought my WSKO on the bargain last year as well. Love it.
Just got back from a week at a rented lake cabin with a "Fully Stocked Kitchen".
Luckily I sharpened all fillet knives before we left as they ended up being our kitcken knives for the week.
Unfortunately, they weren't needed for fillet knives.:sad:

I got one last year. Really like the thing. Very easy to get a very sharp edge.

Back