MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #46
JimDandysNYDan
is one Smokin' Farker

I guess it all depends on what you are cooking on. I cook on a stick burner and have wrapped the ribs a few times, out of those few times I think maybe twice they came out good. I prefer to keep them unwrapped. I feel like I have a little more control that way. The times that I didn't like them wrapped, they came out way to mushy.
JimDandysNYDan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #47
Warthog
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ed

YES I foil.
Cook at 250 - 275.
Two hours in smoke
One and half hours in foil w/apple juice, brown sugar. margarine, honey and Tiger sauce.
Remove foil reserve drippings and mix drippings with BBQ sauce for the last step.
45 minutes back on heat for glazing.
The ribs are fantastic.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #48
Quint
Full Fledged Farker

Damn now I don't know what the fark to do. Guess I'll just have to buy a boat load of ribs and try them all the above mentioned ways. Darn it !!!!!!

WSM 22"
Rec Tec RT-700
Weber Genesis E-330
Quint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #49
GrillBillie_D
Full Fledged Farker

For home cooking, I usually don't foil. In competition, we usually do.

I've had great ribs with or without foiling. More important to foiling is getting them cooked the correct way.

Spend the time getting the tenderness perfected, then later you can play around with foiling if you want.
GrillBillie_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #50
lastmajordude
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Dude

Maybe it's just me.....but I do both. Sometimes foil, sometimes not. Sometimes sweet sometimes S&P. H&F or low/slow. Weber kettle maybe...on weekends it's Jambo time!!......To me alot of the fun of cooking is making the food/cook process fit with the time frame or people to be fed criteria. There was a line from a movie once ...."Can't we do BOTH!!".......Whatever makes you happy dude......

Old 01-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #51
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

I always foil, I don't like too much smoke.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #52
BAD324
Got Wood.

I've never foiled mine and I've been meaning to try it that way for some time. I've also never cooked them higher than 225-250 range so I'm extremely intrigued to try out this Hot n Fast approach and see how that might work for me so it looks like I've got some experimenting to do!
BAD324 is offline   Reply With Quote