WORLD Jr. BARBECUE CHAMPIONSHIP

pigmaker23

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The first Jr. World BBQ Championships will be held in conjuction with the third annual I love BBQ Festival on Saturday July 4th. Located in historic Lake Placid New York, which was home to the 1932 and 1980 Winter Games. For more info on the contest go to www.ilbbqf.com

This is a first year contest that has been developed with the help of Linda and Jerry Mulane and the KCBS with the goal of having more of these in the future across the country.$ 1500.00 in prize money and other BBQ items are being awarded to teams.

The reason for this post is that I would like to give the kids in the contest a "goodie bag" of BBQ items which would include sauces and rubs, I am asking out of the goodness of your heart and your love for BBQ that you consider sending one or two of your favorites so that we can put together some kick ass bags representing Brethren across the country.

If you are interested , please PM me and I will give you an address to ship to. Thanks

Pigmaker

how many teams? I just happen to be ordering stuff for my golf outing...

7-10 they have 7 now.. i think it maxes out at 10 , Thanks I'll be thinking of you while eatin Lobsta on the 4th !

For those who are on the fence about getting their kids involved there is another point that should be made. Paul Smiths College, The College of the Adirondacks, is offering scholarships to each member of the winning team. I also believe they are offering $7000 to each member of the second place team and $5000 to the third place team. Don't hold me to the second and third place offers but i know its 10K for the first. Whats nice is its for EACH team member not just the head cook. I told my son to contact his High School counselor and ask if anyone was pursuing a degree in culinary and ask them to join his team. Its worth it for anyone seeking an education in culinary arts and Paul Smiths has a good reputation in this.

For all KCBS members it was printed in this months BullSheet.

TheSlabs.com sent samples with Andy of each of our rubs for each kids goodie bag

I have my brother in law cooking this, he is 21 years old. If he wins, I told him that he must pass the scholarship on to another contestant as long as the organizers allow it. He is not in need of the scholarship and it would be great to pass it on to someone who would take advantage of suck a great opp. I heard there is some tough competition so I don't think he will win anyway!!!

Back