Heads up on Jack Daniel's World Championship Barbecue

Wow this sounds like a great idea! I cannot believe I have never heard of it before!

:lol:

I would completely freak out if I was able to qualify for the Jack. Maybe I'll get lucky at the Variety Club and do just that. It's a qualifier comp. and from what I hear it's going to be packed this year.

any link on the actual ways to qualify, I seen the various ways in the past but can't find it on the website now

Well, if any of y'all DO manage to compete, I am just 20 miles down the road. Be sure to let me know! Hmmm ... matter of fact, this might make a real good Brethren Challenge -- get one of our guys in the Jack! I'm telling you, it is am amazing site when that weekend rolls around.

any link on the actual ways to qualify, I seen the various ways in the past but can't find it on the website now

To compete at "The Jack," domestic teams must have in the past year won a state championship with 25 teams or a competition of 50 teams, or have won an event considered an automatic to the event like the American Royal, Memphis in May or Houston World Championship Bar-B-Que. More than 25,000 people descended on Lynchburg to bask in the aroma of award-winning barbecue and to celebrate 20 years of one of America’s favorite pastimes.

"To get to the Jack Daniel’s World Championship Barbecue, you’ve got to prove yourself all season on the competitive barbecuing circuit," said Lynne Tolley, KCBS certified barbecue judge and great-grandniece of Jack Daniel. "And when you finally earn your right to compete here, it’s an all-out battle of tongs and smoke to claim our top prize."

In addition to honoring the Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion, the Jack Daniel’s event awards first-place prizes in seven categories: pork ribs, pork shoulder, beef brisket, chicken, Chef’s Choice (domestic)/Home Cookin’ from the Homeland (international) and sauce (which must contain a little of the hometown product) and dessert. The winners of these individual categories are:

Pork Ribs – Carcass Cookers – Pueblo, Colorado
Pork Shoulder – Butcher BBQ – Chandler, Oklahoma
Beef Brisket – Bubba & Jeff’s BBQ – Lees Summit, Missouri
Chicken – 4 Legs Up BBQ – Great Bend, Kansas
Chef’s Choice – I Que – Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Home Cookin’ from the Homeland – World Barbecue Team - Switzerland
Sauce – Pellet Envy – Leadwood, Kansas
Dessert – 4 Legs Up BBQ – Great Bend, Kansas

Grand Champions get $2,500, bragging rights to winning what competitors call the most prestigious barbecue contest in the world and the chance to come back and defend their title next year.

Reserve Grand Champions get a cash prize of $1,500.

That buys a lot of beer.

This year so far we have seval members who are shoe ins, Sledneck and Don Marco, and many others are up for the draw.

Heres Last Years Jack. We were in it(and loads of others from here) .. Our team was me(and james), yakfishingfool, muzzlebreak, hodedo and kim, and Speedo.

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

It's kinda more like ... how many Brethren can partake :biggrin:
To give you an idea, I put the Brethren teams in red (Carcass and 4 Legs up might be too)

Hmmm ... matter of fact, this might make a real good Brethren Challenge -- get one of our guys in the Jack! I'm telling you, it is am amazing site when that weekend rolls around.

Besides the Poobah and the guys going last year, look at the list of winners that you posted. I have highlighted the Brethren member teams in bold. I think we were pretty well represented.

Sweet, I'll have to check this contest out...

Like an empty bottle of Jack? I'll have to try that with some lightning.... and I'm not talking white lightning either.... :shock:

Geez, that guy has a Cancer Sucks! sweatshirt on...

It also looks like Tana is dancing to the "Go Daddy" song too in the background.... lol

I know youv'e always wanted to hear this but maybe not in this exact context...but....

THOSE GIRLS MAKE YOU LOOK SOOOOO GOOD!!!:-D:biggrin::tongue:

jackdaniels-godaddy.jpg

Back