The FIERY FURNACE Breathes Again!!!! --PORK PRON

Great to she her back in action. Spent just a few hours tending her when Dan did his charity cooks.
Good job Kempis. :thumb:

Good one Wamp!

Question for my cuz though...

Hey Nate! Can you still order these?

picture.php

The one I've got is too big now...

Kempis, looks like you're doing a great job. Wish I were there with you and the Fiery Furnace. Treat her well. Thanks for the pictures.

That is about the only towed smoker I have ever seen, that makes 20 huge butts look lonely in the firebox. Great cooking, gotta love cooking for a crowd and for folks you care about.

Oh that explains the angels singing over the town.. oh wait... my bad... that's just yet another jet. Great to see that monster up and running.

Great to see the fiery furnace roar again. Good on ya all the way around Wamp! :clap2:

Glad to hear you're getting the Fiery Furnace going. It's a shame to see a good pit go to waste.

Looking at the photos, it isn't clear how the air flows. Just based on the photos, I was surprised to hear that the temps were so even. Can you tell us more about how it works. I got a thing for smokers these days.

Thanks, but other than cooker space/size, if you can do one pork butt, you can do 20 just as easily. Just takes a bit more work. :becky:

Yep. But, the only problem I have is fridge space to store them until cooking time and prep area. Minor logistics.

Wampus, I have an injector like yours but the feed tube is much smaller and the check valve seems to clog a lot, rendering the whole thing useless. Could you say where you got that? I have gone back to my spitjack for now

Looking great!

Hopefully it'll waft on down to Bloomington and I'll get an idea of what I'm in for tomorrow!

A little behind on updating.

This was at about 6 hours in (so about 3 hours ago)....

Hummin along...

P92700022_zps397d803c.jpg

The kids helped me clean out and reload the trailer with wood. Loaded with (from left to right) apple, willow, beech, cherry and oak with a couple of logs left from what Dan had on it (I think hickory?):

P92700012_zpsddbd3e6f.jpg

Ready to foil...

P92700032_zpsd81208a2.jpg

Nice color on all. They were all sitting somewhere between 140 & 150......

P92700052_zps7db23f03.jpg

P92700042_zps52bce14c.jpg

P92700072_zpsb6afaf25.jpg

All wrapped up....

P92700082_zpsd30165b3.jpg

I really cranked it up after that. Got it up above 300 and let it rock. Everything was done about 2 hours later (or about an hour ago). Everything went into and completely filled up my coffin cooler.

Getting ready to head to the church in a bit!

Right on schedule!! WOOT WOOT!

Wampus, I have an injector like yours but the feed tube is much smaller and the check valve seems to clog a lot, rendering the whole thing useless. Could you say where you got that? I have gone back to my spitjack for now

Got mine from http://www.pitbullsupinsmoke.com/. I didn't order online. Danny was actually at a competition that we did last fall in Cleveland, GA.

One thing I can surely tell you is that you HAVE to strain your injections. If there are ANY solids at all, you're done. That's what I like about the Chris Lilly injection. After the salt and sugar dissolve, it's all liquid. I ruined one the first time using it by trying to inject a brisket without straining. DONE.

Back