BBQ Brethren "SNAGS AND SLAW" Throwdown!

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[SIZE=+2]"SNAGS AND SLAW!"[/SIZE]
Ouisconsin-Buffalo-Style_0.jpg

As chosen by SmokinAussie, the winner of the Far East Feast! Throwdown!

Two things common to Australian and American food are Sausages and Coleslaw.

In Australia, the common term for a sausage is a "SNAG"...:thumb: Farked if I know why!:confused:

Anyway, its getting colder in the USA and hotter in Austalia, but regardless of the outside temperature, people all over the World will fire up the Grill for a Snag and make some Coleslaw as a side. Let's put them together and have some "SNAGS AND SLAW":thumb:

You can have them in a bun... on a roll, or on a plate.

No DQ's as long as you have a SNAG, and some SLAW in your nominated PIC.:thumb:

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 12/2 through Sunday 12/11

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 12/11.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules. (And NO FARKIN' NIT PICKIN!:drama:)

The voting will begin Monday 12/12 after the "Vote" thread is submitted and will run through Saturday 12/17 (These Stupid backwards USA Dates are farking me over... sorry if I get it wrong. We in Aussieland have the DAY before the MONTH... like the rest of the world:tape:). All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the LEFTOVERS THROWDOWN until Sunday night 12/10 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the "Redhot and Deguerre's Revenge" Throwdown

Have fun!

MODS... please bump this up to a sticky!:becky:

Cheers!

Bill

Last edited:
oh boy, i see a heated contest coming up. this is gonna be good! :thumb:

Great idea Bill... So simple yet so open for interpretataion. We should get a lot of people jumping in on this one! :thumb:

Is it just me, or does Bill's sausage look like it has slight case of shrinkage and wrinkles? :heh:

I don't normally stare that close at a man's sausage, but it kind of caught my eye.

Just sayin'...

^^^^^ oh yeah? Well I'll see your tray of sausages and raise you a chitload of hanging snags...

hanging-snags.jpg

Is it just me, or does Bill's sausage look like it has slight case of shrinkage and wrinkles? :heh:

I don't normally stare that close at a man's sausage, but it kind of caught my eye.

Just sayin'...

Come out of the closet. You are among friends. We will like you and support you. Seriously, we love you no matter your sexual orientation. GROUP HUG!

CD :becky:

Here's MINE!

Made 25lbs a few days ago!

This was just the first lot...
DSC_0113.jpg

:becky:

Cheers!

Bill

Last edited:

Just sayin'...

Oh that... yeah..:icon_blush:

Well, I took that pic after a 1/2 bottle of Scotch, so I was a bit dehydrated.

I shoulda waited till 6 in the morning. It was nice and turgid then!!!:thumb:

Cheers!

Bill

I'm working 6-10s with a two hour round trip drive to the job site. I have a little time in the morning before I leave to check up on the site and what do I find? Bill, Brad and Mongo in a sausage comparing contest, complete with pics. What a way to start the day...

I'm working 6-10s with a two hour round trip drive to the job site. I have a little time in the morning before I leave to check up on the site and what do I find? Bill, Brad and Mongo in a sausage comparing contest, complete with pics. What a way to start the day...

Well, if we are comparing sausages, here is my 3lb, 24" chub :becky:

IMAG0767.jpg

Fark me... I hope someone wins this one outright being that the tie breaker for the "Redhot and Deguerre's Revenge" Throwdown is a Rastlin' match I'd hate to think what this tie breaker would be. :tsk:

I think Bill started this throwdown just for the countless pages of "sausage" one-liners. :rolleyes:

CD :becky:

Back