Signing up for Restaruant Depot

ButtBurner

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Gang-

Is all I need to get a membership is a tax ID? I dont work in the food industry, I am in the automotive industy.

I was going to tell them that I am using the membership to buy things for company picnics and parties (which I am)

will this be enough to allow me to sign up?

thanks

I am in the same position as you. My old card wasn't renewed by my old boss.

Im sorry I dont know what you mean.

I never had a card. I am just wanting to know if having the Tax ID is enough to get me one, being that I am not in the food trade

If you are KCBS members, you can use your membership to get a one day pass to RD.

Gang-

Is all I need to get a membership is a tax ID? I dont work in the food industry, I am in the automotive industy.

I was going to tell them that I am using the membership to buy things for company picnics and parties (which I am)

will this be enough to allow me to sign up?

thanks

I have the same question. We own a small business that isn't food related either.

It doesn't have to be food related. My SIL owns a dog grooming business and she has a membership card. They won't ask why you need it.

Yes - you just need to have a tax number / business. You might have to pay a membership fee.

That I don't know but I do not know why they would need it. The tax number is what they need.

I just showed up at the store with a copy of my Business License for a non-food small business and had my membership cards in 5 minutes, no questions asked.

I just showed up at the store with a copy of my Business License for a non-food small business and had my membership cards in 5 minutes, no questions asked.

ok I dont have any licence. Just the Tax ID # is all I have.

no licence. Just a number on a piece of paper.

They may want more than a tax ID. The reason for the tax id is to show that tax is being paid on a retail level and not there at the wholesale. That tax ID is turned over to the IRS to show who needs to pay tax on the items there weren't already taxed at the store.
The day pass you can get with your KCBS membership you pay taxes on the items you buy since you aren't reselling them as a food business would.

They may want more than a tax ID. The reason for the tax id is to show that tax is being paid on a retail level and not there at the wholesale. That tax ID is turned over to the IRS to show who needs to pay tax on the items there weren't already taxed at the store.
The day pass you can get with your KCBS membership you pay taxes on the items you buy since you aren't reselling them as a food business would.

thanks.

I am not trying to get out of paying sales tax.

If I dont have enough to satisfy them then they cant take their membership and place it in an area thats dark and warm and doesnt smell very good.

I dont need it that bad lol

well...

I got it!!

took 2 trips but I got it

First I took our biz licnece and tax ID number.

They did not care about the licence.

Do not need that

What they did need was our tax ID document, not just the number.

So I took them a copy of our W-9 form that has the info on it, thats all they needed.

hope this helps

thanks!!

I thought they also need a letter from the business stating that you are authorized to purchase. Is that not so?

Back