Removable trailer tongue?

I'm guessing you don't have a hitch receiver where you can just swap out the tow bar? That's pretty easy for me!

dmp

I can adjust the heigth of the ball at my trailer with the adjustable and removable hitch, plus, when not in use, I remove it to lessen the chance of someone driving off with my trailer and Ole Hickory pit!

I'm guessing you don't have a hitch receiver where you can just swap out the tow bar? That's pretty easy for me!

dmp

I believe I may have not asked the question correctly. Yes, I do have a hitch receiver, but I'm referring to a trailer that you can remove the tongue to shorten the overall length and fit into a 20' comp space if your trailer tongue makes you go over 20'. :thumb:

I can adjust the heigth of the ball at my trailer with the adjustable and removable hitch, plus, when not in use, I remove it to lessen the chance of someone driving off with my trailer and Ole Hickory pit!

Very good point about removing the tongue to keep someone from driving off with it! :thumb: How much trouble is it to remove and replace?

I'm referring to a trailer that you can remove the tongue to shorten the overall length and fit into a 20' comp space if your trailer tongue makes you go over 20'. :thumb:

I was really referring to CarolinaQ. He said that he removes the tongue to help adjust the height. Unless you have a ball mounted to the bumber on a tow vehicle, I would rather keep a single tongue and a different tow bar in each tow vehicle. Theft deterence and fitting into a 20' comp space make good sense for a removable tongue though...

dmp

I got one...Its just 2 pins..It does not take long at all..maybe 1-2 minutes but it is a 2 person job - I got it to stay within a 20 ft comp space without having to have to pay for the extra space at most comps.

I got one...Its just 2 pins..It does not take long at all..maybe 1-2 minutes but it is a 2 person job - I got it to stay within a 20 ft comp space without having to have to pay for the extra space at most comps.

Hey, Jason! I had forgotten that you had one on your rig or I would have PM'ed you and asked! And it sure helps knowing it's the same manufacturer! Thanks for the input once more! :thumb: (and ssssshhh) :heh:
BTW, the dealer I've been talking to has come down $2K from his initial price on a unit he ordered and hasn't picked up yet. It's totally "pimped out" including air/heat and concession window (but no sinks) - $9.9K. I think it even has the 7 spoke mags and a spare tire in the hidden compartment! He's also offering to wave the shipping charges of $400, so it's really minus $2.4K! :crazy:

Back