• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Build in progress pics

S

smokeinthenoke

Just thought I would share some pics of my build in progress. I have no welding skills so I hired a guy to help me. I did most of the design myself, with ideas from you all, other websites, and some structural advice from my welder. I found the tank on CL for $40! First pic here is my current COS.

2012-11-15164937_zps917327fe.jpg

2013-01-26175054_zpse4ef21af.jpg

tank001_zps4bff1769.jpg

2013-02-16112421_zps292f974e.jpg

SmokerBuild011_zps91dac38c.jpg

SmokerBuild13_zpsdc448678.jpg

More coming soon!!!

So whatcha making? I would have guessed a reverse flow offset but I am a little confused....

So whatcha making? I would have guessed a reverse flow offset but I am a little confused....

Yes, it is. The firebox is still under construction, the last pic is of what will be the firebox door.

I'm very much anticipating the the finished pics of this build! You know you gotta fill it up once finished so is brethren can see its potential he he.
Nice build.

Do you plan to have wheels on the other end too?

No wheels on the other end, the firebox would probably get in the way and I worried about it not "sitting still" for me. It will have handles on the firebox end to lift it up and wheel it around.

I'm very much anticipating the the finished pics of this build! You know you gotta fill it up once finished so is brethren can see its potential he he.
Nice build.

Well it's gonna have 3 shelves that are roughly 26" x 57" so what's that? Maybe 10 spares, 12 butts, and a whole hog all at once? I might have to try that out... :twisted:

Back