MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Default Red Thermapen

We all know that a Red Superfast Thermapen is the best there is! No other color can keep up with it. So you can imagine how I felt when my red superfast thermapen started acting up on me.

Not that is was not fast and accuarte, it was. Just a little touchy on the digital display. I emailed ThermoWorks and they said to send it in and they would look at it.

Yea right, no thermapen to use for god knows how long. It was a friday and I didn't think I would be cooking over the weekend, WRONG!! I sent it in thinking it would get to them by monday and I could get it back faster whilst they were closed. YEA BABY good thinking!

Wrong again, they didn't get it until Tuesday. Chit man lousy luck, a whole day wasted. WRONG! Wed. morning in my email is a note that they were sending me a brandy new RED SUPERFAST THERMAPEN, FREE!!!

And then another email with the confirmed shipping! Yea Baby right on! And did I mention it's free.
This is my original thermapen that is almost two years old!! I have to say that this is some of the finest customer service I have run into in a long time. Watch out Weber.

For all of you that have hesitated because of the price or what ever, it doesn't get much better that this. Buy one!

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
Meat Meets Meat
On the road to being a farker

I have a green one that is acting up too.i emailed a while back and they said to send it in but I didn't want to part with it for too long. I guess I should send it in...
XL BGE, Two L BGEs, 22.5 SS Performer Blue, 22.5 Weber Kettles (Grey, Green, Brown, Red, Two Tone Red) 22.5 WSM, Three 18.5 WSMs, Mini WSM, Rib-o-lator, Green Thermapen, Stoker with wifi
Meat Meets Meat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
Corky
is one Smokin' Farker

My blue has never failed me. Perhaps you are barking up the wrong-colored tree!
[SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][B]Blue[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] Weber Performer
[COLOR=Blue][B]Blue[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen (Fastest in the West!)
[SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Magenta"]拉猪肉[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]509 BBQ Crew[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #4
BobM
Babbling Farker

I bet the "British Racing Green" one reads really fast!
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #5
Cooknhogz

My orange one is faster than yours
Cooknhogz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
Bonewagon
Babbling Farker

Love to hear about good cs from companies.

Big Steel Keg, WSM, OTG, PBC, Kamado Joe Jr., Carson Rodizio, and a Super Fast [I]and[/I] Accurate [COLOR="Blue"]Blue[/COLOR] Splash-Proof Thermapen
Bonewagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #7
Mdboatbum
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobM View Post
I bet the "British Racing Green" one reads really fast!
Yeah, but it probably drips oil all over the kitchen floor and requires constant maintenance.

On topic, that's really great to hear about their customer service. Thinking of asking for one for Christmas.
Mdboatbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #8
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

I have always liked the debate about which color is faster. I have given these to others for gifts, never a red one, and I just know red is faster.

That said, I should have mine back tomorrow. Can hardly wait!

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Old 12-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

A few days I spent quite a bit of time comparing the maverick PT-100 on a comparison thread. This seals the deal for me, thermapen it is! What was the total time from shipping out until the delivery date?

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #10
Campfire Girl

Nice.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

[QUOTE=chriscw81;2295910]A few days I spent quite a bit of time comparing the maverick PT-100 on a comparison thread. This seals the deal for me, thermapen it is! What was the total time from shipping out until the delivery date?

I am not quite sure. I sent it out last friday and am hoping that I will have it tomorrow. Even if not then it is still a fast turn around by the fact that they shipped yesterday.

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Old 12-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #12
tnjimbob
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jim H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooknhogz View Post
My orange one is faster than yours
Yessir! True statement. Orange is the fastest color, period.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #13
jmoney7269
Banned

Too bad them suckers are out of stock! I wanted a red one from Santa clause this year!!!
Anyone know of a place that's got them in stock?
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #14
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

[quote=Chef Jim;2296186]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscw81 View Post
A few days I spent quite a bit of time comparing the maverick PT-100 on a comparison thread. This seals the deal for me, thermapen it is! What was the total time from shipping out until the delivery date?

I am not quite sure. I sent it out last friday and am hoping that I will have it tomorrow. Even if not then it is still a fast turn around by the fact that they shipped yesterday.

yep, that is a quick turn around. it's pretty common for companies to take 4-6 weeks.

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

The Purple ones are the fastest and unbreakable! OK, maybe I'm stretching it a little there. ;D

Glad to hear about the good Customer service!
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote