EZ Up Help

"Bone to Bark" BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase the head room under the canopy. My canopies aren't quite high enough to clear my trailers side door. I need to pick up about 8" in height. I'm thinking something under all 4 corners, but I'm not sure what might work best.

2" diameter PVC pieces for each leg. Cut them about 18" long, and run a bolt through each piece 8" from the bottom. Sit the Ez up legs in each piece of PVC.

2" diameter PVC pieces for each leg. Cut them about 18" long, and run a bolt through each piece 8" from the bottom. Sit the Ez up legs in each piece of PVC.

Could work. Be sure to tie them down securely. The higher they are, the more likely they are to become airborne.

Not exactly an answer to you question but consider a roll out canopy bolted above the door to your trailer, either full lenght of the trailer or just a tad wider than your door. Then you can put the EZ Up under the extended canopy far enough away to open the door. The EZ Up will then be able to be secured to the ground.

Your EZ-Up has a hole in the pad on the bottom of each leg. Measure the diameter & get four bolts just a tad smaller than the hole and about 6" long. Take four #10 cans, fill with concrete and set one bolt in the center of each can. Make sure that you get about 1 1/2 inches or so of bolt above the concrete and that the threads go right down to the concrete. I also put one eye-bolt sticking up at the side of the can for carrying.

This not only raises the EZ-Up but acts as a leg weight. The bad part - these farkers are a tad heavy and they take up room.

Bed risers, cheap, lightweight, available at most Wal-Marts and Targets. Not sure if they have them in 8", I know we have bought some 6" tall.

I didn't know EZ Up made extentions. Thanks. This is something I need to do for the same reason.

Chibi Q has his set with homemade extensions that look just like those. He uses the extensions on the outside two legs. The inside legs (against the trailer) bolt to a plate bracket that attach directly (welded?) to the bottom of the trailer. Works pretty well.

Five gallon buckets. Fill with water and snap on lids and your canopy is going nowhere. Mount a bracket to the center of each lid to tie into the canopy foot.

When it's time to go, dump out the water and stack the buckets. No appreciable weight added to your load and minimal space needed in the trailer.

We've been thinking about this subject but for a different reason.

We have been getting into the habit of just lowering and leveling the rear ramp door to our trailer and just rolling the FEC100 & Traeger onto what is now the "cooking deck". We prep and work in the trailer etc.

One of these days we will be at a contest where the rain is heavy and we will want to have a roof over the cook deck. Sure we could just put an ex up next to the trailer but on a small cook site like the upcoming Staten Island contest we might not have the room.

Any thought or experience or pics are appreciated.

Basic Patrick (posting under my wife's account)

One of these days we will be at a contest where the rain is heavy and we will want to have a roof over the cook deck.
Basic Patrick (posting under my wife's account)

We? Wendy will be smart enough to stay in the RV and send you out in the rain. :becky:

Back