*** 2019 Chicago Area Brethren Summer Gathering - ILFO, IAFO, INFO, WIFO, MIFO or anyone :) - Saturday, August 3, 2019

I am very sorry to say that I can no longer attend. :( I’m really bummed about it, but I had a guy quit this week and it’s put the studio behind enough that I have to play catch up by working all weekend. Have a shot of Malort for me!

Sorry you can't make it but am quite familiar with work messing up personal plans. I'll have a shot in your honor, brother!

(*) When people estimate how much food they'll need for 5, they usually bring enough for 10, just to be safe.

Sounds like Brethren math is the same all over. I'm working on recruiting a buncha hungry soldiers from Fort Hood to help us out at the Texas Fall Bash.

BTW, did anyone else notice that there is a pork throw down going on? I am reviving my tradition of creating a throw down entry at the bash, but it looks like there are a few other pork dishes that could also be entered :thumb:

For anyone arriving earlier that me (probably around 10), here is the permit, just in case.

Attachments

• Brethren 2019 Permit FPCC Reservation System.pdf
    154.1 KB · Views: 3
Heading out. Got a couple quick errands then off to the airport. Should land at Midway at 1545.

Think I've packed everything.

BTW, did anyone else notice that there is a pork throw down going on? ... it looks like there are a few other pork dishes that could also be entered :thumb:

I saw that. :biggrin1:

I figured out that if I tried to do the entire cook on site, I'd be keeping folk waiting too long so I got the belly yesterday and put it on the cooker today.

IMG-20190801-134145.jpg

It's between 177° and 181°F so I deemed it done and pulled it. And tasted it. At this point it's really good! (Sorry to keep you waiting. :rolleyes: )

Hey, somethings have come up and I won't be able to make it out this weekend. Sorry for the short notice, but I just can't get away.

Have fun, that means more Malrot for everyone else.

Bryan-

That's too bad, you'll be missed!

BTW- that rub you brought last year was outstanding.

Hey, somethings have come up and I won't be able to make it out this weekend. Sorry for the short notice, but I just can't get away.

Have fun, that means more Malrot for everyone else.

Sorry to hear that, Bryan!

Can I steal an aluminum half pan from someone tomorrow. I'm out and don't want to make the run to RD today.

Can I steal an aluminum half pan from someone tomorrow. I'm out and don't want to make the run to RD today.

I just opened a case. I'll grab a few.

I'll also grab paper towels and a stack of paper plates.

I've got plates, plastic silverware, bunch of other stuff I'm bringing. Just no pans. :sad:

Back