My STOK Drum Charcoal Review Video and Photos

captjoe06

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hello all I recently purchased a STOK Drum Charcoal Grill and I've got teh bug. I go into the reasons for this purchase over another excellent grill, The Weber Premium Kettle in the review. here is a sample followed by links to the videos-

Many of the features on this grill can be found on the Weber Premium Kettle Grill ($149.) But there were several things that were important to me such as cast iron grates that weren’t available and would cost about $50 alone as an upgrade to the Weber. The Stok also has interchangeable inserts and sells options that you can place in that center spot such as a wok, a veggie tray, a roaster insert and more. I probably won’t use those but the part I do like is that when the center round grate is removed there is a charcoal basket that can stay in place after the charcoal is lit to concentrate the heat in the center. You can also lift the charcoal basket out with the insert removal tool if you would like even distribution of the coals in the bottom of the grill instead of concentrating the coals in the center and cooking the food along the edges using indirect heat.
I ordered a rapidfire chimney to start the coals not realizing that the charcoal basket in the center is built as a removable chimney starter. The chimney will be returned because there’s no need for it so there’s another $15 in savings over the Weber. Starting the charcoal was as easy as placing a couple pieces of newspaper in the bottom of the charcoal basket, placing the charcoal on top and lighting the paper. It ignited and caught first try without any need for lighter fluid or charcoal soaked in lighter fluid. There is also a removable ash canister which slides into a channel under the grill and collects the spent charcoal so it won’t allow it to blow all over the deck or patio.

Here's a link to the rest of the photos and videos -
Stok Drum Charcoal Grill Feature Review and Cooking Results From Joey C

dsc01164_thumb.jpg

dsc01165_thumb.jpg

dsc01168_thumb.jpg

dsc01171_thumb.jpg

dsc01166_thumb.jpg

dsc01167_thumb.jpg

My prediction is that you'll be wishing you purchased the Weber within two years. according to the reviews, people were having problems that you don't get with the Weber.

I actually hope you have great luck with this grill, but choosing features and lower price over quality will only cost you in the long run. I only say this because I've made the same mistake.

Best of luck though! Most importantly, you'll be grilling!

Back