Lang patio firebox question

new here

High my name is Danny im new here. Was wondering If anyone is selling a lang 36 or 48.I luce in so cal. Any info on Where to purchase a used one would be greatly appreciated.

I find in my Lang that smaller, like 12" long, splits work much better.
You don't have to push the ends into the center either.
Long splits seem to sometimes give you too big a fire for what temp you want to maintain. This is also true in my POS offset as well.

Good Luck

On my 36, Cooking at lower temps, I experimented and find I run my best and most consistent fires by cutting my splits in half and keeping them as far away from the cooker as possible. Putting one full split in, I seemed to choke out the fire often.

"Have any Lang Brethren wished their patio model's firebox was bigger?"

No, it's a good size to hold a small fire...I think the fire grate they use on the 36 is too big for the box though...I have a Lang 36" Patio...

17x17 is plenty for the Lang 36 and uses less wood easy to hold hot temps if you want them and look at that grate it comes with no bricks needed here.

Attachments

• 20131111_184200.jpg
    20131111_184200.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 65
You could always ask ben to build a bigger firebox. Great guy to work with. He was there when I picked mine up from VA and showed me the ins and outs of the smoker. The drive gave me a reason to try some bbq in GA, SC and NC.

Back