MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:49 PM   #346
mikemci
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthewoods View Post
Unreal...
I hope everyone gets made whole, I really do.
Does he only sell on Facebook?
....I might of asked the wrong question...Does he only promise on Facebook?

I found this..

https://builtritecookers.com
Might not be the same guy though...

-D
Yep. That's the same slimeball.
red Thermapen

There are two kinds of countries in the world, those that use the metric system and the one that sent men to the moon and back.
mikemci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 07:48 AM   #347
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtTX View Post
"looking for wiring information real soon"

You need to make sure you're following whatever notices you gave him. Could be an issue in court if there's a pattern of you allowing him to delay and delay.
I am following exactly what he and agreed to in front of law enforcement at his shop. I have a signed piece of paper of what he has agreed to do witnessed by 2 deputies and my BBQ cook.

I have been super passed before and been told crap before, but I am trusting that he doesn’t want to go to jail and I don’t want him going to jail.
TopItOff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 07:50 AM   #348
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthewoods View Post
Unreal...
I hope everyone gets made whole, I really do.
Does he only sell on Facebook?
....I might of asked the wrong question...Does he only promise on Facebook?

I found this..

https://builtritecookers.com
Might not be the same guy though...

-D
Same guy, website was recently updated and he uses several methods to advertise. He has a BBQ Buy/trade/sell Facebook page he is the administrator for as well.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #349
DouG M
Full Fledged Farker

Bump

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-14-2018, 09:08 AM   #350
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

15 days and I genuinely hope I don’t have to file any paperwork. Ready to be done with this after almost 11 months!

Old 08-14-2018, 09:57 AM   #351
TXNewbie
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopItOff View Post
15 days and I genuinely hope I don’t have to file any paperwork. Ready to be done with this after almost 11 months!
I really hope I'm mistaken, but I don't think he is smart enough to just pay you and move on. I think being a scammer is too much in his blood (based on the info posted he has been arrested multiple times for this and LE is very familiar with him doing this to other people).
TXNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #352
Brad4450
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Brad

I wasn't around when this thread started but I started reading and couldn't stop. What a mess. Hopefully you can get your cash back without this escalating any further and hopefully this builder finds a new line of work.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:01 AM   #353
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

I genuinely hope this resolves itself without any extra effort on my part. I also hope Mr. Boston can right the ship and make things right in business. I think he has had some set backs in his personal life, but he fails to understand the amount of financial damage he is doing to people. As an investor in food operations I lost a ton of money waiting on something that never came and then spent money to go down to see him. Capital I had he used for his own private purpose and that isn’t right.

H

Old 08-16-2018, 06:27 PM   #354
jdtTX
Full Fledged Farker

enough personal setbacks to still build that nice, new workshop
jdtTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2018, 06:42 PM   #355
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

I have long thought you should be able to go to court to get a permit to legally shoot someone. If you can get the judge to say 'yeah, I'd shoot his ass too", you get the permit. They get a two hour head start but for oh, say a week you can hunt them down and shoot them if you can find them.

Might make some folks mind their p's and q's.

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-16-2018, 06:46 PM   #356
TXNewbie
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Someone

Quote:
Exactly. Just think of how big a set back going to PRISON for being a serial scammer would be. I tend to look at the glass as half full - think of all the people that will be saved from being scammed by him while he is in prison.

Clearly when the local police are as involved as described earlier, it is a pattern and not an isolated incident.
TXNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #357
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
The nice new workshop was just a couple of steel beams and a concrete pad. It definitely was an abandoned project when I was on the property 6 weeks ago.

He says he loses work days because he is working outdoors and nothing I saw would lead me to believe otherwise. Not my problem really but I just want to be fair to the truth.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:11 PM   #358
SirPorkaLot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopItOff View Post
The nice new workshop was just a couple of steel beams and a concrete pad. It definitely was an abandoned project when I was on the property 6 weeks ago.

He says he loses work days because he is working outdoors and nothing I saw would lead me to believe otherwise. Not my problem really but I just want to be fair to the truth.

Once a scammer, always a scammer.
As of July 31st, his new shop is looking spiffy.
Must be nice to be able to use OPM (other people’s money) to build this

Old 08-18-2018, 08:10 AM   #359
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

That is crazy. Especially when you consider that the new shop won’t add value to the company. The excuse I was told by deputy is that they have a drug problem so he can’t get employees to stick around. It was him, 1 employee, and his 2 young kids working the day I showed up.

You may be able to pick up extra work days, but when you are so far behind you literally have to work from sun up to sun down 7 days a week. Looks to me like his attention is on the wrong thing.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:30 AM   #360
jdtTX
Full Fledged Farker

Before any of this stuff came to light I already decided I'd never buy a pit from him based on how he treats people in the buy/sell/trade group. Hard to even get methheads to stick around when you act like that.
jdtTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Tags
built right, built rite, built rite cookers, built rite smokers, builtrite, Donnie Boston, ripoff artist