Leftover BBQ makes good breakfast....

BuckSnort

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I like to make Machaca whenever there are any left over BBQ around...In this case I used Tri-tip from this previous cook...http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92753

First in olive oil saute some onion, bell pepper and a couple serrano's for heat... I had these items in the garden:thumb:

When the veggies start to get soft add the meat...I diced it into 1/2" chunks..

machaca.jpg

Continue frying until the meat is hot then add some beaten eggs...

machaca1.jpg

Once the Egg is cooked you can serve it with fried taters and refried beans..Tortilla's go great with this.. The meat and the stuffed pablano's were cooked with a little bit of apple wood mixed in with the charcoal...This gave this dish some good flavor..

machaca2.jpg

Anyway just thought I would share one of my favorite things to do with left overs (when there is any)

I'd hit that!! That's what happens to my leftover pulled pork, chicken, and brisket. It's good stuff!

Bob

Now that's a good looking breakfast as Bob says "I'd hit that".... :-D

Nice ..... very nice.

Dang Buck that looks so tasty! I could wrap that in a hot tortilla and be really happy. Thanks for sharing! :-D

You have it backwards! :-D

One of my favorite meals is BBQ biscuits. Nothing tastes better than hot coffee and a lil pulled pork on a hot biscuit the morning after the BBQ smoker has been rolling. Why wait for lunch/dinner when you can have BBQ biscuits for breakfast. YUM!

Let the others slather it with BBQ sauce and make sandwiches, but I want my BBQ biscuit!

Back