• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Favorite Accessories

Matt, I do have a headlamp I use for hunting and camping. Not sure why I've not pulled it out for the backyard.

Accessories

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Today I ordered a white thermapen and a rotisserie. I plan on smoking a turkey later in the week and know that those items would be most helpful. I will also use the Auber sly-2362 that I have to keep the temps consistent. This will only be my second UDS burn and I didn't use it the first time out.

I have been looking at Cast iron pans and can see the benefit of the Fire bricks, Timer and Welding gloves.

It took me a while to figure out the Refractory mortar, I guess I had to "build up to it."

I'm still not specifically sure of the Ice pik...any help there Bludawg?

Extra large insulated 22 oz cup, so I am not constantly running back in the house to mix another!

Ove gloves, very handy, but be VERY careful if they are wet.

All of the above listed are great!! I have most in my arsenal, I even have a headlamp, however I too never thought to use it while cooking, but I will now, except while using my Rec Tec because that has a light built in.

The one thing I have been using a lot of lately that I did not see listed was the Frog Mats! They are great!

Half and full sheet baking pans.
Oxo good grips locking tongs in 9", 12" and 16" lengths
ET-732
Taylor Weekend Warrior (thermometer)
head lamp
Weber charcoal chimney

Weber charcoal chimney
propane torch
weber starter cubes
thermapen

but above all else....
BBQ brethren!!!!!

Never thought of using the headlamp, and that's why the brethren is the top accessory for me!!

Mike

I'm still not specifically sure of the Ice pik...any help there Bludawg?

Ice pick is for probing for tenderness. Or you can use a skewer or the probe from your thermometer.

I like the headlamp idea. Need to pick up one of those now.

My favorite accessory are food safe black gloves. Now pulling hot stuff off the smoker is easy and painless.

Best toy of ALL,and there is a plethora of them,,,Thermapen,use it inside as much as out.If all I had was protein,fire and a Thermapen,I would be good to go.All my cookers have built in temp controls,they call em vents. :wink:

I need to get some welding gloves, what kind do you recommend?

I had a nice expensive pair from Lowes I lost. you can pick up pipping red hot tube with them...now I wouldnt recommend a cheap pair from harbor freight. I got 3 pair for $11. they are as good as regular leather gloves, but not great for really hot stuff.Used them on my latest welding adventure for my cart, they held up at least.

my fav is my thermapen...wish it was made for lefties though:)
Sent from Galaxy tab

Charcoal chimney
Weber starter cubes
Microplaner - love this mostly for marinating and grilling
Otherwise, thermoworks makes a $20 digital meat thermometer that works great

I like using "Grate Grips" on the grill.

IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3553.jpg

Not sold in any store.

Back