Jess Pryles smoked meatloaf on MAK 2 star

Zalick

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I made meatloaf tonight following Jess Pryles smoked meatloaf recipe. I followed all steps except I didn't have her hardcore carnivore red seasoning so I just left that part out.

It turned out delicious!! My wife, who is not a meatloaf fan, loved it and said it's the first time she's ever looked forward to eating another piece of meatloaf. [emoji41]

I used a regular loaf pan to make the meatloaf mold and then flipped it over on a mesh rack. That went straight in the smoker. It held together perfectly. The skittle bits stuck to the rack afterwards were the star of the show!

The one thing that was interesting given the loaf height was that the center hit 165 while everything above it was gradually lower. The very top 1/2 was only 150. But it had been over 145 long enough to kill any nasties.

It was super moist, firm but not like your grandma's heavy meatloaf.
8ab6b798a88587f5ba814df0c8b8b5f1.jpg
debac113697c444d812a1b2ae055b60b.jpg
c67083aacf1b637ca599ad6fe07489b1.jpg
f1355784850adae2187d058d0b177eab.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

pics made me dizzy, cant beat MAK smoked meatloaf :-D

That’s a beautiful meatloaf right there!

Will have to look up the recipe. Looks great.
We had one of my vac wrapped and frozen meatloaf last night. They store and freeze remarkably well. Just remember to sauce the heck out of it on reheating to keep it from drying out.

That looks really good. And with your resounding results...I may try that today.

Did you use 90/10 ground beef...thats what I usually use for ML.

That looks really good. And with your resounding results...I may try that today.

Did you use 90/10 ground beef...thats what I usually use for ML.
I used half 85/15 from Costco and half from our own raised cattle. I think that was ground to 90/10.

I think it would still work great at 90/10 and be nice and moist.

It took about 3.5hrs smoking at 250.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: scp
I had no idea who this Jess dude was so I gurgled him...

Oh my!!!

Back